Allied AI Mod Released

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All i can let you know is that when i first went there...i had to register...by submitting a password and perhaps a username as well!.

Since then, i have never had a problem logging in!.

I set the login to automatically remember me...and, as well to make sure that if my password is in lower case...that my computer is also set accordingly!.

If the above mentioned does not give you the required fix!...you may have to be more specific on details regarding the problem!.

Originally posted by Timskorn:

Specifically, these are some of the more important things I'm looking at:

1. Russia: Was she tougher? What year did you have both Moscow and Stalingrad?

2. D-Day: When did it occur? Were US troops involved or just British? Did it happen at a critical time for you, or did you have enough units to defeat D-Day?

3. North Africa: Did you ever take Alexandria, or did the British ever take Tobruk or Iraq? Did the US ever successfully take Algiers?

4. General: What difficulty did you play it on and with how many experience bars for the AI?

I'm currently working on the Brit AI in Egypt, the code for D-Day and further refining the Russian defensive AI (Including a Ural Mountains defense should both Moscow and Stalingrad fall).

Timskorn,

Well I enjoyed the game, thanks. Russia was a bit tougher, and there was a D-day, but in the end it all panned out much the same:

1. According to the table, by the end of the game in August 44 (I know) Russia had IW 3, HT 5, AT 3, PT 2 and IT 3. However, I never saw any of these uber-tanks in the field - the highest I saw was a 2. The IW didn't seem to get taken up either. Moscow and Stalingrad fell in 43.

2. D-day happened in June 43, with about 6 British and American units. They took Brest, but were wiped out soon afterwards by troops returning from Russia. At the end of the game, with fighting all over the UK, the Americans had 10 units at home and none in Britain.

3. I took the whole of the Middle East, no sign of US troops.

4. I played at +100%, +1 experience. Will try again at +2.

Guest Mike

How do I actually use this?? I've unzipped it and made it a subdirectory under "Campaigns" but it is not showing up in the list to be selected from :(

Stalin's Organist ...Sound's like your on-track!.

My Timskorn_ALLIED_AI_MOD Zip-File was UnZipped...which then created 2 New File's:

1> _1939 Fall Weib TK Allied AI Mod [File Folder] &

2> 1939 Fall Weib TK Allied AI Mod.cgn

NOW!...both of these two UnZipped File's need to be moved to your "Campaigns" Game file folder!.

When that is done,...you should then have a New Campaign to try out!.

----------------------------

That's all i did, and it's working for me!.

Karhu: Thanks a lot for the feedback! Yep, one of the bigger known issues that HC should be addressing in the 1st patch is the AI's slow upgrading of their units, and their inability to buy upgraded units. The longer enemy units sit, the better chances are the AI will upgrade them, but the AI won't purchase upgraded units or upgrade units more than 1 upgrade at a time.

Also, for the next version of this I've decided to take out the US landing at Algiers until the 1st patch as it's entirely ineffective right now. I've also beefed up the Russian defensive lines so now there are hardly any units near Riga/Minsk at the outbreak of Barbarossa.

Once HC releases the 1st patch, not only will his AI probably be better than what I could do, but us scripters will have better tools available to make the AI be able to knock most casual players into next week. smile.gif

Once HC releases the 1st patch, not only will his AI probably be better than what I could do, but us scripters will have better tools available to make the AI be able to knock most casual players into next week.
I agree 100%, and I repeatedly discussed this potential aspect of the game during pre-release. Between all the game options, event scripts and AI scripts, a very decent and challenging computer opponent will emerge - full of surprises and replayability.

Originally posted by hellraiser:

"According to the table, by the end of the game in August 44 "

This is already a great thing - the stock campaign vs AI will usually end by 43, in the worst case smile.gif

Well it was only because I waited until taking Stalingrad and the Urals before doing a Sealion, partly as I wanted to see if D-day was going to happen, and partly because as the victory conditions stand at the moment, there's no point in going past Moscow, which robs the Russians of their best defence.

Timskorn: Sounds good - look forward to having another go.