I am playing your global mod and it plays well until I save the game and go to play it later, all the Japanese forces become French forces. When I go to load the game a caption tells me it cant find the custom mod named beta2 and must load it without the custom functions, also it puts a beta2 on the end of your mod name when saved instead of the beta1 that I have listed in my campaigns. Please help.

Bill Bowen

[ April 26, 2008, 07:48 PM: Message edited by: william bowen ]

Originally posted by Hubert Cater:

This might be because the campaign was renamed at some point via 'My Computer' or something similar instead of using 'SaveAs' via the Editor. If you do this using the Editor it should then work as expected.

Hubert I am not sure I know how to do that, when I start the game it loads as beta0_1 and the game plays well as the Japanese but when I go to save the game it saves as beta2, and when I go to load saved game a pop up tells me it cant find beta2 and cannot load the custon part of the mod which means the Japanese now become the French forces,as for this [save as] comment I have not done anything different than all the other mods I have downloaded which all play well. Not being argumenative I just want it to play right.

Bill

This might be because the campaign was renamed at some point via 'My Computer' or something similar instead of using 'SaveAs' via the Editor. If you do this using the Editor it should then work as expected.

Hubert I am not sure I know how to do that, when I start the game it loads as beta0_1 and the game plays well as the Japanese but when I go to save the game it saves as beta2, and when I go to load saved game a pop up tells me it cant find beta2 and cannot load the custon part of the mod which means the Japanese now become the French forces,as for this [save as] comment I have not done anything different than all the other mods I have downloaded which all play well. Not being argumenative I just want it to play right.

Bill

Bill, simply open the campaign up in the Editor and select SaveAs and then save it as the current name, i.e. do not change the name.

Hopefully this fixes the issue for you when you start a *new* campaign using the game EXE.

Hubert

As always you are right on the stick in the forums, thank you for your replies, I have just downloaded Sami's updated version of global war and it is working fine.

Bill