Originally posted by Shime:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Hubert Cater:

as another option, if you prefer the look of the 3-D units over the 2-D block icons you could simply swap the names of the unit bitmap files.

To do this, navigate to your installation folder, typically this is usually something like:

%root%\Program Files\Battlefront\Strategic Command 2 Demo

From here open up the Bitmaps folder and find the following files:

unit_silhouettes_sprites_3d.bmp

unit_silhouettes_sprites_military.bmp

unit_sprites_3d.bmp

unit_sprites_military.bmp

Essentially all you have to do is swap the names for these files, i.e. all the files that end with _3d should end with _military and all the files that end with _military should end with _3d. You might need to use a temporary location to rename these files and then place them back into the 'Bitmaps' folder.

Now if you select to play with the non 3-D unit icons the game should play with 3-D looking units in place of the block style icons but with no mirroring.

Hopefully this helps,

Hubert

That worked out just fine. Thanks Hubert! Great game, BTW, but you already know that smile.gif [/QB]</font>

Went home and booted the D-Day scenario over lunch for the first time.

Hung up and failed to load. Shut down program and got the following.

DirectXFAILED: dderr_exclusivemodealreadyset
Running DirectX 9.0c.

A system reboot and then it loaded fine. Seems a bit odd that it just decided to start doing that now.

btw, D-Day looks great.

Originally posted by Hubert Cater:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Justanotherwargamer:

Yeah had to happen (especially as it was so easy for me to download too).

I get the game going, I select all the usual options, but when game is ready to play, I get this odd message.

failed (lost surfaces): Segmentation Violation

That is pretty much verbatim.

Anyone have any ideas?

There is a known issue on some systems when you attempt to switch focus away, i.e. an ALT-TAB, during the AI animation turn. Can you confirm that this is not the case? In general though if you do not switch focus away during AI replay the game should run fine.

If it is just a general lost surfaces error can you retry the download as perhaps it was corrupt. </font>

Craig,

Currently you can ALT-TAB but as mentioned it does happen on occasion only during AI turns. For the shipped version, since it is already in production the answer would be yes, but of course this does not preclude me from correcting this in a future patch as necessary.