Considering all the hoopla, silliness, pleading, and endless pick mine request lists, just want to let HC know some of us are just waiting for the game, and realise it will get here soon enough.

Likely will be playing the demo before the real deal, only because it is likely I will have my hands on the demo sooner, and why wait (I like going to the market and trying samples too smile.gif ).

I am not numbered among those that think the game is over priced.

I am not numbered among those that think that game will be unbuyable if it hasn't got my long list of "requests" added in.

I am a "hex" fan, but I've loved non hex using games in my time.

I am certainly expecting to see what comes out of the fan base after they get their hands on the editor.

I think SC (the original) is a great game. Yes, I AM aware of all the gripes, but most of those gripes are not mine.

I am not in a hurry to be playing you guys online (so don't bother waiting).

I also couldn't care less if the AI sucks (not planning to pay it much).

I am basically a solo wargamer that also likes Hotseat to play locals. AI what AI? smile.gif

Thanks HC for saving us from real time games (few are worth getting free let alone paying for).

I'd list my wargaming past so all would know I am not a newb, suffice it to say, I was likely wargaming before most of you, and likely have played all the "great" wargames most use as a yard stick. ASL and A3R to name two.

So HC, after the logical decent pause to rest, got any plans for something in a totally different vein?

Cool first post,

Howeveryousayyername!

What a mouth full!

Agree with most of the sentiment,

Though,

SOME silliness, hoopla, frou-frou

And the like are essential, IMHO.

Else one can get too self-righteous

And deleriously serious.

Laughing with, but

NOT "at," keeps you alive longer, yep,

It's a fact.

And yer right,

NOBODY is a newb.

I hate that term, and have said so

Since years ago.

EVERYBODY possesses some very TINY part

Of the picture puzzle.

Admins?

Part of the puzzle.

Forum Members, part also.

Beta testers?

LOL, now,

They might be the lone exception. :D

Just noticed there are now over

142,000 posts on the "BF general forum."

I wonder?

If,

After ALL this time,

ANY single soul has changed their mind

About - ANYTHING?

Or,

Gotten one fraction of an inch closer

To sartori, nirvanna, epiphany,

Enlightenment, or most critical,

The better way to tie a shoe-lace?

I mean, surely,

Not everyone there wears loafers

Or saunters along

In motor-cycle boots, though,

Listening to some of the palaver,

One might get that impression.

I wonder if the entire BF forum,

Beginning to end,

Will be included

When NASA makes their next time capsule?

To be buried in Terre Haute?

Or sent to that huge,

Earth-like planet

Only recently discovered?

Hmmmm... probably not.

On, or about... any of the above.

That's OK,

We are ALL

Just another wargamer, and that's

Alley cat's blue-collar serenade. :cool:

Oh well, yes we are all silly beggers, we just had some spare years to beg in the wait.

Thx for tellin us "not to bother" :eek: waiting to play u i was just beggining to get anxious about KICKIN YER GROGNARD ASS!!!!

Im not a grognard, im a natural and whilst u were wargaming i was hunting chicks, playing basket, soccer, running after chicks, chess, rocket science, and did i say i was hunting chicks?

En%20busca%20de%20Bobby%20Fischer%205.jpg

Codename: "Rocket Pocket Soccer Player,"

Stumbling upon his VERY FIRST "chick,"

A real live,

Fire-breathing

Whole shebang eating... damsel,

In NO sort of distress:

ChickenLittle_300x298.jpg

What happened next? :eek:

Jeeeez, and thanks be for small favors, I'm glad I didn't haffta witness to that.

Hey DD, i was just trying to warm this guy up before Kuni reads the "silly begging" thingy.

Anyway, just giving some advices:

1st paragraph: Unacceptable. u cant call BF locals silly and beggers.

5th para: Please, rephrase the "dont bother waiting" thingy. u r a noob here.

Rest of paras. Acceptable. U dont even play the AI, thats good, and u state yer "non-noob" condition, thats good too...noobs are being shot at sight nowadys in this forum...

Result: Accepted with comments

Action: Adapt in accordance, editing yer post.

[ March 09, 2006, 10:39 AM: Message edited by: Codename Condor ]

Hey DD, i was just trying to warm this guy up before Kuni reads the "silly begging" thingy.

Yep CC, I CAN appreciate.

That one little rag-tag line in there,

Well, gosh a'mighty,

I dunno,

The plain ol' gamer coulda oughta

Left that particular bit outta there. ;)

smile.gif Secretly laughing.

A: you already know me smile.gif I didn't just get here.

B: got married 20 years ago, the only chicks in my life are the ones I produced from scratch.

C: had good sense to pick a wife that while not a wargamer, doesn't insist I pick her or my wargames. Thus, "significant other" lamentations is someone else's problem.

D: I just don't care for online play, too many choices that are local. That, and I prefer to play wargames as challenges, thus I prefer to play the game solo me on both sides when needed.

An AI is not required to do this.

AIs are for people that can't handle playing with themselves (Yes Kuni, I am aware of your legendary quote smile.gif ).

While I am sure I could suggest many things for HC for his game, I think I will wait to offer suggestions for the 2.1 patch which can be added to the usual unfortunate, but not entirely unlikely tweaks that manage to vex all game makers.

HC, have you at least contemplated a global version as a later evolution of the game?

I am assuming to do global, some further design evolutions are required eventually.

Given a choice of Matrix Games's Computer World In Flames (which friends are promising will appear before 2006 expires), or a global extrapolation of you much more user friendly experience (I assume your SC2 will feature a great interface like SC1 has), I am inlined to think I would prefer your attempt.

I have GGWaW but I am just not entirely in love with it. And I don't like HoI2. As far as I am concerned, global grand strategy still hasn't been given a classic for this century yet.

Desert Dave, you do realise that prose style is often a lot too much like work to read sometimes eh smile.gif

Your posts usually have a good message, but I sometimes lose track of it trying to read it.

Considering all the hoopla, silliness, pleading, and endless pick mine request lists, -----
Whether we already know you or not, if I were you I'd be secretly laughing too, as the group rushes out their posts that proove your statement.

@Condor --- Chasing chicks? Here's a quote for you son. "Two bulls are standing on the top of a hill, looking down at the herd of female cows. The younger bull says, lets run them down & screw one of them. The father bull says, lets walk down & screw them all" --- Robert Duval & Sean Penn in the movie classic, Colors.

Originally posted by Desert Dave:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Yogi, usually cool:

Whether we already know you or not, if I were you I'd be secretly laughing too, as the group rushes out their posts that proove your statement.

How so? :confused:

And, so what? :rolleyes: </font>

At any rate DD, I very well may be wrong, but just possibly, we've been had.

Yogi,

Sorry,

I was in midst of bad moon risin' last night,

Due to... th' hell with it,

Don't matter a Yankee damn,

And it's FUN to be "had" now & then

But I just go about my business

No matter what some others

Be up to.

Anyway,

It's alright,

My feeling is this... it's time!