Editor suggestions for a future patch...

If any of these are redundant, my bad...

1. Allow ability to see where AI has allocated research and diplomacy chits.

2. Make event scripts more flexible. Some of them, such as Unit scripts, do not have many options and only work in very narrow regards.

3. The ability for an AI scripter to impose rules on the AI's budget expenditure, IE MPP used for purchases, diplomacy, upgrading, operating, etc. Might help the AI with it's priorities.

4. Ability to give/take the special unit abilities to/from units in the editor. IE sub abilities, paratroop abilities, engineer abilities, etc.

These would allow for MUCH more flexibility to an already flexible editor.

Keep up the work HC!

I can imagine how long his list is... ;)

Normal Dude,

1. is actually now implemented for v1.05. I've set up the F1 and F2 keys as hotkeys that allow you to turn on a DEBUGLOGS mode as well as a DEBUGSAVE mode.

The DEBUGLOGS mode will now store WEATHER, PLANNING, RESEARCH and DIPLOMACY data pretty much giving you all relevant info on what the game and AI are doing behind the scenes.

The DEBUGSAVE mode will be handy in keeping track of all played turns by both you and the AI and helpful in tracking down odd or unexpected AI behaviour. Often you can correlate the date from the logs with what is happening during a saved turn to really see what is going on and how to fix any potential issues.

I've also implemented a new system for the scripts that keeps track of the time stamps and this let's the Editor know which files have changed since the last compilation... this essentially makes working with the Editor MUCH faster.

There are a few other surprises and I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised with the new Editor on top of all the other changes going into the game

Good stuff! No worries HC I am begining to crank out the scenarios. So many ideas, so little time... my first one will be ready this weekend, I am debating whether I should release it or wait to implement the 1.05 changes.