New guy with dumb questions

hello there! - I just recently started playing - excellent game! Brings me back to the days when my friends and I used to play AH 3rd Reich back in high school.

I have a dumb question I was hoping someone could help me with:

What techs do people normally get before invading Russia? It seems like maybe Heavy tanks and anti-tank are a must - my german units are dropping like flies to commie armour in '42. But between those techs, mortorization and infantry weapons, I'm not sure what to focus on early.

Thanks for the help! I'm hoping to play some PBEM human games eventually after I have some time to learn the game, if anyone is interested in giving me a good thrashing.

Obviously you can counter with Tanks of your own but they are not as versatile in other theatres. Airpower is very flexible especially if you get Long range +1 or more. Also as long as you reguallry reinforce them and keep them at max strength they will gain experience quickly, very soon they will tkae little or no damage against Uncle Joe's tanks still take 2, 3 or more strength points off the. your Air units can stay safely away in good supply near a HQ, hit the tank a couple of times to reduce his strength but just as importantly his morale. Then your troops will find him much easier to take on. You can either overwhelm him with AT infantry or your own tanks which will not take as much damage and can hopefullly still be useful / easily repaired to fight again fully fit soon. A fast corp or tow with Antitank that is in good supply can often finish off a tank that has been pounded by the air first. you may use up less MPP points this way than just slamming your tanks into his and you have more units that will be more flexible. all that said half a dozen King tiger tanks sort out most problems with the Red Army, just damned expensive!

No dumb questions on this forum, all plyers I have played and do play have been extremely cool about answering questions. Even doing so in games that are up in the air. It is what makes this game, its designer(Hubert Cater) and the whole SC2 family so great. The mediators have to close a post once in while, but who cares even those are fun to read. Overall best thing I have been invovled in for awhile. Guys all over the world enjoying a game and some BS. Anyway I ramble, .... smile.gif

Yeahhh!!!...'Im JOE SCHLUNCK THE MIDGET',..."Walking Tall!...but Feeling Small!"...especially when i think i know something!...about something?, but in reality know nothing about the 'known-Unknowns'!.

I know that you believe that you think you understand what you think i said, but im not sure that you realize that what you heard,...is not what i meant!.