Idea for Future Version: Independent Russian AI

Idea: Allow a human Allied Player to play with a Russian AI against an Axis AI.

The Human player would not control the Russian AI. He could adjust the amount of lend lease support that he provides to Russia and he would see the extent of the Axis advance on the map, but he would not control Russian units.

I too say that i am favourable toward that idea!!!.

Then if the Russians are massively successful...they can then decide to turn against the Americans next after the Germans are defeated... as this hypothetical scenario was dramatized in the movie PATTON!.

Without the ALLIED human player controlling the Russians a little realistic suspense might/could be incorporated into the game to make things a little more exciting!.

Edwin

Another fine idea and one that I'd love to see in the game....sure that you are singlehandedly delaying the game release if Hubert is reading your posts so not certain if I wish this or not.

Should turn the arguement around and ask why not an Allied AI with a Russian player. More than 85% of German land foreces were active against Russia so this was the main theatre and severely doubt any allied (non-atomic) success in the west if the Bear was neutral or the east front finished for whatever reason.....reminds me of a quote along the lines of Britain buying the time, America the resources and Russia the blood for victory

For that reason if i was the allies would like to play the Russians with an AI western allied option. However this is more difficult with far more variables (ie ships).

Ultimately though the AI will (eventually) be easily beatable regardless of which sides it covers without huge artificial aid. The best games will all be against other people, and the AI although required for most players will be cast aside by the diehards around this forum.

G

GREAT idea!!

It would solve many of the unhistorical things that happen in SC1 when you have Russian and Western Allied units fighting side by side etc.

I also love the idea of the Russian AI being able to turn on the West at the end, very cool to not know what's about to happen, very historical.

As to the AI being "easily beatable," well maybe - but some of us are still having trouble with that!!