Axis supply in North Africa

How exactly is supply calculated in north Africa for Axis ?

Is it just me, or do I have to keep a (italian ?) units in Tobruk to get supply from it ?

And whene I move my German HQ more then 2-3 hexes away from Tobruk, it's supply drops to 5 ?

And the German units only 2-3 hexes away from the HQ seem to run out supply, even when the HQ is fully in supply ?

Are there some extra rules for supply in North Africa ? Or for desserts in general ?

Would it help to bring a second german HQ in ?

The port gives you 5 of supply.

Also if it gets hit by the Malta supply effect it will hurt your supply. If your supply goes down to 3 at Tobruk, it will go up 1 in supply per turn if it does not get hit again, this again can hurt your supply issues in Africa.

Originally posted by Blashy:

The port gives you 5 of supply.

Also if it gets hit by the Malta supply effect it will hurt your supply. If your supply goes down to 3 at Tobruk, it will go up 1 in supply per turn if it does not get hit again, this again can hurt your supply issues in Africa.

That are all standard supply rules, so there is nothing special about North Africa ? Weird, it's the only place where I got these issues.

Hmmmm. Perhaps I should take Spain, Gibraltar, Vichy France and the rest of North Africa before I go to Alexandria.

Perhaps if the Axis should make an investment to reduce Malta to a certain supply level, which is randomized from turn to turn, then the "Malta Effect" would be neutralized.

This requirement might catalize the large scale skirmishes, ships and planes from both sides, that were reminiscent of the actual war occurrences.

Never mind supply in Africa. As Axis you just take Egypt in 3 moves no matter any supply.

1. Make two corps amphibious in Italy

2. Move them to Turkeys south coastline

3. Land one Sinai and then send the other

thru Suez and take Cairo.

The AI is far to weak. For ex. the UK global fleet you can annihilate within 5 turns in the 1939 senario.

As originally posted by Chris G:

The AI is far to weak. For ex. the UK global fleet you can annihilate within 5 turns in the 1939 senario.

Sure, we know that.

While waiting for the CERTAIN AI improvements,

And feature improvements,

And improvements

Even I am not aware of yet,

Yea, with them things

Already well on the way,

How about?

1) Play "hot-seat."

One can learn a LOT about how even-steven sides might counter some of these supposed inequities (... not to say there aren't REAL ones)... assuming there is no sub-concious bias, that is. ;)

2) Play TCP and/or PBEM; let us know how that works out.

So far, I've seen only one AAR, and that is hardly a true indication... MUCH too small a sample size.

After all, I have won as Allies against a tough opponent, playing the game... AS IS.

3) Learn some more about the intricacies of the Editor and "experiment" with variations.

There are nearly UNCOUNTED ways to do this. :cool:

Somebody mentioned that you'd have to SKEW the thing all around in order to have a better outcome.

Not true.

Why not?

Because I have done it, and if I can, ANYBODY can.

Since years & years ago, and especially now, many and many have been saying that they LIKE being part of the process, that they really ENJOY helping to have this game become what they'd most prefer.

Well,

Now is yer chance. smile.gif