RAMBO WINS!!! [AAR] Stalin's Organist (Allies) vs Rambo (Axis)

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mike

Yes indeed starting the excuses early is a good strategy.

The language I'm taking is Maori........not whole heck of a lot of use in communicating with you I'd have thought.

We speak English down here of course, but most understand Merkin too......and I think we'll be able to do so for at the next 20 years or so. Then I guess we'll all have to take Spanish ;)

Guest Mike

Jon's invasion of Syria has turned to a minor disaster - Syria changed to neutral, but he's got 3 Italian armies, and 1 Italian and 1 German Corps stuck on 0 supply in various parts of Iraq and Palestine, and it's not going to be easy to get them out!

It's a bit silly really - a script that Syria (& the various other bits of African France) stay conquered if they are taken before French surrender would be more useful I think.

[ May 09, 2006, 03:35 AM: Message edited by: Stalin's Organist ]

Guest Mike

Blashy the potential problems with exploitation only occurs because amphibious landings are so easy!! ;)

Yes - I'm in Wellington NZ.

Guest Mike

The RN counter-attacks at Malta, sinking an Italian battleship in a tough fight, and the RAF picks off a few subs around the Suez.

Otherwise we're all waiting the next move by the evil axis forces........

July 1940 --- Italian sub survives straffing runs. Italian Army in the desert DOW's Syria & destroys the defending unit, but not enough supply to capture the city. German diplo sways Hungary to join the Nazis a little early, as had Romanian did recently. German LF working from Tobruk area against UK corp North of the depression area. Italian Battleship strength 5 sunk near Malta.

I just have one question. The dancing class?

Is that some kind of training regimen, kind of like what Lynn Swann used to do, while he was with the Steelers???

Does that help, here, on some, conscious, or unconscious level that I am not aware of?

Maybe it is just a Kiwi thing.

Guest Mike

Dancing is a legitimate and socially approved method of getting hold of an awful lot of women :D

For the record I currently take classes in Ballroom, Swing & Ceroc (Modern Jive) & I've done Argentine Tango, Salsa and Rock and Roll at various times in the past - can't get enough of a good thing! smile.gif

Guest Mike

It sucks to be in the Italian army today - they DoW Syria, upset the Americans, destroy the Syrian Corps but fail to capture Beirut, and then the New Zealanders operate in to secure the city!!

Ouch!

Looks like Jon is going for a big effort in the mid-east - 2 more Luftflotten are identified outside Tobruk and bomb British troops - the RAF attempts to intercept but is no match for the experienced German pilots.

The RN strikes at Regia Aeronautica bases in Sicily to no apparent effect, but identifies German troops massing there..........

Who is Lynn Swann? :cool:

too much talk here .... could care less about queer stuff like tango or lynn whatever - get to the serious part of the game - momma russia :(

Maybe I'll bother to get down from my ivory tower and show you clowns how this game must be played - just send the winner to me :D

@Blashy and Stalin -> guys, basically Axis have to major options after Barbarossa depending how much they were delayed in Egypt or elsewhere until barby.

1. Everything goes quiet in the 'quiet' period i.e. after tha fall of France -> Barbarossa -> axis will have the cash and possibly good techs to achieve a deeper penetration in Russia in 41.

2. Axis was delayed greatly during the 'quiet' period (which it seems to be the case here) - probably they will have less tech chits invested to be able to get the proper amount of troops and can press very lightly or go defensive in russia and start collect minors to offset the allied mpp advantage. It is rather unlikely that Russia has a considerable hitting power in 41, early 42 so as to interfere greatly with minors collecting.

At least this is how i see it.

More Talk...Lynn Swann was the star receiver for the Steelers during the 70's, 80's. The point was, which was wasted on a kiwi, that he caught a lot of flack from the press, because he took ballet classes, supposedly to somehow improve his game on the field. I am not sure how, but I thought it might be of some relevance here.

July 1940 --- Yes, Italian forces are out of supply nearly surrounding Syria's city. What's the name of it, I forgot to check? I call it Tyre or Sidon. German LF pilots ordered to Tobruk to put pressure on Egypt, to help the cutoff Italian cause & German corp. Lone British Cruiser ran into a Nazi sub West of France, it's fish food now. If I hadn't mentioned, both Romania & Hungary are German partners due to some wise talking Bunta propaganda. I tried to send the turn this morning, but my lame-0 dial-up wasn't working.

-The Man, The Myth, The Legend