Need New Graphics For Strategic Map

The strategic map needs to be upgraded. I wish the terain part could be elimated in favor of solid colors representing each nation. The nations are not well defined. Solid colors would help you see the unit layout much better. tongue.gif

Originally posted by Cheese Panzer:

Do you mean the strategic map? It's very hard on old eyes since it's so small. If there is something used in the grid I haven't seen it because I always play with the grid turned off.

dammit man, get your icq up or an e-mail running old man! Time to discuss not only this but Fartknocker-gate!

I should have been more specific - they're fine for national control but every once in a while you think you've got something surrounded and then you find out that one of those tiny diagonal connections wasn't cut off and the pocket is still in supply. So it's more a tactical problem.

Originally posted by Kuniworth:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Cheese Panzer:

Do you mean the strategic map? It's very hard on old eyes since it's so small. If there is something used in the grid I haven't seen it because I always play with the grid turned off.

dammit man, get your icq up or an e-mail running old man! Time to discuss not only this but Fartknocker-gate! </font>

Guest Mike

I should have been more specific - they're fine for national control but every once in a while you think you've got something surrounded and then you find out that one of those tiny diagonal connections wasn't cut off and the pocket is still in supply. So it's more a tactical problem.

Ah - yeah - those diagonals are a pain are they not!!

But basically if there's a diagonal then they are not cut off - it's pretty simple, and you've obviously spotted it, so what's the problem??

Sing it, brother!

Sometime I spot it - and sometimes I don't. Hence a preference for a control indicator. It's quite frustrating to batter and cut off a city only to find that the "corner supply line" is still open and the defender is back to 10 next turn and your opponent has Operated two armies and tank group in!

See my topic on Operated, I don't think you should be able to operate in or out a unit to a square with an enemy next to it. I also agree that it is awfully hard to tell who contols a certain square, it would be nice for some type of indecator.