In my view, here are five improvements that would make SC2 truely great:

1. Improved and Unpredictable AI. Perhaps an AI with Rambo's Patton like personality and another with Terif's calculating personality.

2. Chrome - not only in seeing pictures of your latest tech advancement but also seeing news reports and events popups that make you feel like you are in the 1940s.

3. AI Controlled Major Powers - I would truely like to play the Axis with the Western Allies AI controlled or play the Germans with Italy AI controlled.

4. Random Historical Events - Ever wonder what would have happened if Russia declared war on Germany much earlier? What if France extended the Maginot line to the Channel? What if Japan attacked Russia instead of America? What if America remained neutral? What if Turkey cameout of WWI with her territories intact? What if the Whites won the Russian Civil War? I would like to see an option for SC2 to present me with a random scenario at the push of a button.

5. Game Changing Player Decisions such as 1) Do we divide Poland with Russia Yes/No, 2) Does Russia annex the Baltic States Yes/No, and 3) Should the USA Embargo Japan Yes/No.

And not the least 3 player multiplayer games - Western Allied Player, Axis Player and Russian Player

[ October 01, 2006, 09:25 PM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]

Yes Edwin P .!,...i fully agree!. '1st' and foremost i want as close to a 'real-simulation' of the actual war!, '2ndly!', i would like to explore the almost infinite what-if's, such as some of what you have just suggested!.

A study of WW2 is,...in part, an excercise to explore what did actually happen, and then try to circumvent that actuality, as best you can!,...if you can!!!. Not only that, it is or can be much more, such as when we speculate as to what could have happened, preferably in conjunction with event's that have solid historical actualities/realities or historical basis that,... 'might-have', 'could-have' changed the direction or outcome of the war!.

In essence then, SC2 'is then/can be' much more than "just a 'Game!' ", it is then also an intellectual excercise, expanding our understanding of the intracacies and depth's of this past historical event!.

Of course, such theoretical fantasizing is not important or relevent to everyone, but for some of us,...it is!,...and it's 'Great-Fun!'.

One 'Historical-Theoretical' is that when the German-Army was engrossed in Poland, the French-Army was strong enough and could have just walked into Germany & have put an abrupt end to WW2!.

***Other 'Chrome' i would like...is to have the ability to see,...for example, a 3-D Image of what-ever is being researched or developed, to then be able to rotate-it however you wish, so as to be able to look it over very closely.

Why???,...only because it would be fun to do so!, as well as it being more educational, instead of just looking at a small Bit-Map Image that is devoid of most of the fine rich detail's. Unit Spec's would be a nice feature too!,...to be able to look at & compare!.

[ October 01, 2006, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: Retributar ]

IMO chrome is the last thing this game needs.

What it really needs is a better anchor in "reality". Pretty much anythign that was difficult to do in WW2 is fairly easy to do in this game - seaborne invasions, marching panzers through Moscow, being in supply, and you can probably identify more.

IMO it's due to a misguided application of hte desire to keep it simple. the desire is fine, but the mechanisms chosen are not - they are simplistic rather than simple.

there's a lot of computing power on our desktops these days - games would be better off if they used it to keep mechanisms complicated enough to achieve "realistic results", while presenting the players with simple interfaces, choices, etc.

In the mean time I'm playing Op Art of War III "Into the Reich" scenario - the ai isn't any better for sure, bu the game is a lot more fun!

6. The Manhattan Project. Speeds up the endgame.

7. Nuremburg trials. Like the 'just deserts' segment on Dragnet.

8. Japanese. They brought the U.S.A. into the war. Not diplo investment.

9. Leaders. Not generals. Civilian leaders. Churchill. Oppenheimer. Goodman. Ford.

10. Include handicap software. Input your SC2 ladder ranking. Get diplomacy & mpp bonus.

Ah, very good WDG !!! Agreed. Bombers tech +10 or something elimate entire cities for 84 year half life. None of these cities growing back into supply. Yes, cool badass leaders attached to specific units. Audie Murphy North African 3rd Division would be cool. Handicap software, most excellent idea, built in.

Cool Badass Leaders is good - excellent idea WDG and Rambo.

------ Leaders attached to units

------ Civilan Leaders that affect research or production time of specific tech areas or diplomacy

Japanese - yep, the USA should be able to influence their actions and be influenced by it.

----- Embargo Japan and they are likely (90%) to attack the USA triggering its immediate (50%)entry into the war or (10%) accede to USA demands thus lowering USA war readiness but giving USA a bonus to Industrial Tech (from ability to focus all efforts on Europe)

----- Don't Embarbo Japan and USA production increases (+2 bonus to Industrial Tech) but the Japanese are likely to attack Russia (35%), depriving them of their Siberian reinforcements OR (40%) invade South East Asia and stop Middle East Convoys to the UK OR attack USA (20%)

Built in Handicaps for Multiplayer games - cool. Truely original.

[ October 02, 2006, 06:12 AM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]