Italy is the only "major" country that doesn't receive (for free) an HQ.

They must buy one (if the player want it).

That's kinda strange when you see Spain and Finland have one (even at str 5).

More important, they use a specific MPP pool, so they must do very difficult and important choices : research? air fleet? tank? HQ? repair fleet? Engineer? etc... I think they can produce up to 3 ou 4 HQ, but that's so expensive for them... smile.gif

Why Italy haven't an HQ at start or later (script?) in the Fall Weiss campaign?

Yes, I think it's very odd that they don't get a HQ. Perhpas because they fought so... disorganised in the war ?

Anyway, if you use Italian ground troops, you REALLY need a HQ. But I usually only use their fleet and planes, so I don't really miss a HQ.

HvH you probably need one later in the war, when you need to defend ITaly or use their units for more then partisan control / paradrop watch, but I never got to that part, hehe.

If "Thrawns MOD" is named 'EUROPEAN THEATRE', it is also now my favorite as well for a WW2 Game!.

More Space to Maneuver it seems, also...little Heavy-Slant Dispraportionatly favoring one side over the other.

Much more time to do what was historically done without reducing the time-frame so severly so as to make what was historically done...nearly impossible or impossible!.

An option might be to give them an HQ with starting strength of 1 and reduce the starting strengths of their fleet units.

Then they have to make a choice as to what they want. Any attempt to send a 1 strength HQ into NA is likely to end in failure.