Waiting for SC2? Try Peoples Tactics

Inspired on SC1 i designed Peoples Tactics.

I released it as freeware:

PEOPLE'S TACTICS V1.0 PRESS RELEASE

Victor Reijkersz and Joshua Ross are proud to announce that, after a year of development and beta testing, People's Tactics 1.0 has been released.

People's Tactics is a turn-based wargame in the spirit of Empire or Panzer General, but more than both of those titles. Combine furious hex-based mayhem, research and production trees, the ability to command land, air and sea forces and up to 10 players over hot-seat or PBEM and you have the most serious test of your strategic acumen ever!

The game features diverse gameplay including: campaigns, individual scenarios and a random mission generator; Command ground, sea and air forces, each utilizing highly customizable orders of battle; Intricate logistics and supply system; Chain of Command system using officers with unique abilities and fame levels and Empire-building features such as research and diplomacy. What more, with People's Tactics' customizable formations you can finally build your army the way you want it! Do you wish to mix tanks and artillery to deliver a lethal punch? Or will you command blazing fast motorized infantry? You are the general, you decide.

Be warned, the savagery of war is not for the weak-hearted; The victorious crush their enemies not with brute force, but with long-term planning and cunning strategy.

People's Tactics is being offered as freeware by its creators and can be downloaded from www.peoplestactics.com

( note to mod/admin: If you think this thread is inappropriate you can move it to general forum. However i did feel i could post it here since this freeware game will have most appeal to SC players. And maybee it could be intersting for Hubert too to take a look. )

I have been following Vics game more or less since he started it off (more or less).

It is a nice simple little program, and I actually think it might amuse the average wargamer.

It gets a vote of confidence from me at least.

Nice job on the game Vic.

The Taskbar does obscure the bottom of the game screen, where the messages are, even at 1024x768.... but it's a minor nuisance at best... hmmmm....perhaps this thread should be moved to the General Forum as there would probably be a few people interested in this game over there....

[ October 03, 2004, 08:20 AM: Message edited by: J P Wagner ]

At 1024X768 not only is the Bottom of the screen inaccessable...but the right side of the screen is extended onto my 2nd monitor...its too long. I have already tried several screen displays.

Eventually i can get the whole length of the screen in from left to right by changing the display...but, the bottom is irretrevable.

Some of your files in the download are missing or corrupted, it worked when I downloaded it two days ago on my computer but now it says it is missing a required .DDL file. I already tried all the simple things so ethier it must be on your end.

BTW you have some of the worst forums on your site I have ever seen. It runs you in circles bringing you to the login screen then telling you that your not logged in and you can't post anything what so ever.

• 1 month later...

You have the beginning's of a Great Game there Victor ... a testament to your vision and skills.

Whynot publicly ask us here for suggestions and critisims... . I think Hubert wont mind too much...he has big shoulders...and who else can best him anyway with his project???...its the best thing since TOAW & Panzer General.

What would be good if you could manage it...would be to set up a Web-Site for us to goto...so that we can voice Our opinions / Critisizm's etc over there instead of here.

Again ... ask here for assistance to do that...im sure that there are quite a few here that know just exactly how to do that.

Just off-Hand i find understanding and implementing your command structure to operate and work easily for the user ...is just not so... im not stupid by any means...and ive had a hard time making it work at all.

The game system needs 'a good shake up' to shape it up for ease of use to the end user. What is also needed is more selection to screen display...as even after i turned off the display for larger print...the game screen was still overlapping onto my 2nd monitor...but, at least i could see the bottom of the game screen which i couldn't see before!.

• 2 weeks later...

Dont feel bad Victor ... pop in once in a while to give us updated reports on the continuing improvement's/updating of your game!.

I wished i had the capability to develop a game,...if i could...i would finally have the game i have been seeking/searching for all my life!.

This can be likened to the Quest of... 'Searching For The Perfect Pint!'.