I see, so the map can be expanded another 136 tiles to the East and cover the vastness of Siberia, the steppes of Mongolia, the Himalayan mountains and reach the shore of the Pacific.

So in this vastly expanded Russia one could accurately recreate the Siberian Army forces of the Russian Army, and give the Russian player the option to operate them West. However, each unit operated west increases the chance for the Japanese forces (eliminate Iran add neutral Japan to Korea and Manchuko) controlled by the Axis Italian Player to activate and attack. Of course, if Japanese forces advance into Russia it increases USA war readiness.

Note, Japanese activation does not increase USA war readiness but Japanese units moving adjacent to Tiles XX,XX,XX and XX do and Russia DOW Japan decreases American War Readiness.

Note: There are very few cities in this great expanse of Siberian Russia (and they are all along the route of the TransSiberian Railroad), and much of the terrain is covered by Forest and Marshes, and Mountains once one gets farther east.

I reckon that across the whole of Siberia east of the Urals that you will find only 4 decent sized cities, that means that any attacking force will be suitably weakened by a lack of supply while the terrain will force them to advance on a narrow front.

[ July 11, 2005, 09:41 PM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]

I see it as making the current map bigger, but not expanding it.

So countries will be bigger and troop movements AND placement will become key as you will have holes in your lines, you won't be able to cover everything.

That is what I intend to do first, use the current map but just make every country and water area bigger.