I'm getting sort of superpumped up for this game. It looks like it's gonna be cool. Next to the 2by3 guys and the creator of this game, you're keep it real, to the bone esse! Yeah for sure.

Seriously, could I see a screenshot of the Russian front on a large scale, like the whole front? I'd like to see what that looks like on just a unit scale in this game. That will tide me over until the release date. That way I can imagine fighting the battles in my head until it's released.

Thanks for a cool looking game,

J. Rono

Originally posted by Rono:

Seriously, could I see a screenshot of the Russian front on a large scale, like the whole front? I'd like to see what that looks like on just a unit scale in this game. That will tide me over until the release date. That way I can imagine fighting the battles in my head until it's released.

Probably the quickest and easiest way for me to show you this (for now) is just a screen capture of the mini-map.

Note: The white box represents the currently viewed section of the map (Polish frontier), which is 20x15 tiles.

mini_map.jpg

As you'll probably notice from this screen capture, the map has grown in size quite a bit over SC1 :cool:

Thanks for a cool looking game

My pleasure smile.gif

Hubert

A Bone! We have a Bone!!!

So before Edwin gets here...can we put troops in Iceland? Greenland? Cross Lake Ladoga when it's frozen? What about the Newfies over in Canada? Can we invade them too? And Sardina? And Corsica? And what about Crete this time around? And is that Majorca I spy off the coast of Spain? And Cyprus off of Turkey? Can I get a Fleet into the Suez? Or the Persian Gulf? Aaaaugh!!!!...{***head explodes***}

Originally posted by Lars:

A Bone! We have a Bone!!!

Ok, ok, here are a few more Bones smile.gif

Iceland yes, Greenland no. This could change but at the moment I just have it modelled as a Neutral land mass... BUT you could get your naval units trapped up there when Arctic ice forms during the winter.

Here's a snapshot of U-29, apparently looking for some convoys to hunt, but caught in some winter ice instead!

arctic.jpg

More on the rest soon... ;)

That is so cool! I really like the ice.

One quick comment on Greenland! Greenland is Danish territory. Should Germany invade Denmark the neutrality of the Greenland landmass should change in some way. I suggest that when the US enters the war the Greenland landmass should go to the US. Also historically Iceland was Danish at the time. Iceland used the Germany occupation of Denmark to declare independence, and I think they made some sort of agreements with the US.

Historical note. The Danish ambassador to the US made a deal with the US. This meant that US could use Greenland for among other weather stations and airbases etc. The deal was made in 1941 despite the wishes of the Danish government in Copenhagen. The deal was later approved when Denmark was liberated from German occupation.

Actually, Iceland was invaded, er, "occupied" by the British.

German occupation of Denmark on April 9, 1940 severed communications between Iceland and Denmark. As a result, the Parliament of Iceland on April 10 elected to take control of foreign affairs into its own hands. During the first year of World War II Iceland strictly enforced a position of neutrality, taking action against both British and German forces violating the laws of neutrality. On May 10th 1940, British military forces invaded and occupied Iceland. The government issued a protest, but if the authorities ever had any thoughts of mounting a defence they were made impossible by the fact that most of the country's police force, including the only officer with military training, was in a training camp some distance from the capital. The government quickly adopted a policy, similar to the Danish one, of collaboration with the occupying forces.