Question for Rambo...............

Ah, you're asking an Northwest guy about fries, this is very good. Idaho's Finest for starters. Eastern Washington has some good ones too. I prefer to make my own. Fast Food fries just don't do it for me anymore. McDonald's has the best, that grease they use is like crack far as taste, but a few hours later, feels like you just ate death. Burger King's, Burgervilles, & Wendy's fries are average at best. The regular restaurants are random, just never know.

Here's the special receipe at home I've used for years.

1) Cut off all skins

2) slice the raw potatoes very thin.

3) Microwave the slices on a plate, but do not overfill the plate. This will take a little time, because you'll need to this about 5 to 6 times for a good batch.

4) As each plate is cooked in the microwave, place them on a cookie sheet, for they go in the oven next.

5) Apply a generous amount of Louisanna Hotsauce on the individually sliced fries.

6) Place the sheets in the oven, cook away.

7) Make sure to flip & rotating them, and adding more Louisanna Hotsauce.

8) Later, add a little bit of garlic power (the expensive kind, not that cheapass Walmart stuff).

9) Get them good & crispy. I mean real crispy, son.

10) Serve & eat.

Best thing is, no grease or salt had to be used, and the flavor is awesome. The problem everybody makes, they are not cooked enough!

-Legend

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

Ah, you're asking an Northwest guy about fries, this is very good.

Pfffft... Americans don't know anything about fries.

Despite the fact that they are called French Fries, they are actually Belgium. The French just got better PR, that's all.

And yes, you can do it without grease. But that's... well... that's just WRONG !

Fries go into a fries-pan, filled with grease, pre-heated at 200 degress and then fried for 10 minutes. Not 9, not 11, no, EXACT ten.

If the phone rings after 9 minutes 45 seconds, let it ring. If one of your kids starts to cry after 9 minutes and 50 seconds, tell it to wait. If the doorbel goes after 9 minutes 55 seconds, shout "making fries". They'll understand !

Fries without grease... Shame on you !!!

@TaoJo --- Don't you Euros put mayonase on your fries? NASTY. What's a quarter pounder w/ cheese? A Royal w/ Cheese? La Big Mac. Come on man, Idaho is king of the potatoe. The Irish had the title, until the great famine.

We Yanks got the fries argument won!

-Legend

Just try to eat our 'Kroket', our favorite (Dutch) fried food. I don't think there is any other country out there which has so many fried sorts of food (Fries, Kroket, Frikandel, Cheesesouffle and a lot of other things). And we have about 100 sorts of bread :eek:

Son, you'll eat whatever is served in the mess hall.

If you're some fuzzy Euro soccer fan, I've got something to tell you. Soccer sux. It may be the "world's game", but it means nothing here, we ain't in that world.

Well it's by far the largest sport in the world and enjoyed over the world. Learn to appreciate it, it's just getting bigger and bigger.

@Kuniworth --- If soccor is so great, why must people try to shove it on me? Greatness doesn't need advertisement. Greatness just shines. I've watched world cup, it isn't great...isn't even average...it sux. One team finally gets ahead (literally), so luck shot, then just stalls.

In the USA, soccor will NEVER make it. Repeat, NEVER. They've been trying to shove that crap on us for years. Why? It's like watching paint dry...BORING. You think you can compete against the NFL (National Football League), NBA (National Basketball League), MLB (Major League Baseball), NHL (National Hockey League), PGA (Professional Golf Association), NASCAR, & the new kid on the block Ultimate Fighting. NOBODY will watch soccor unless their kid is in the game. NOBODY will watch soccor on TV. Only thing that could possible move the TV ratings from .05% people watching a particular World Cup match, would be the USA getting into the final...we can barely qualify. Our kids won't play that crap. We love the hard hits of football, the fame of a baseball homer, the brother who can b'ball.

Soccor sux >>>>>>>>>>> OUT

Originally posted by Ottosmops:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

Greatness doesn't need advertisement. Greatness just shines.

Does this mean that you will stop your pseudo religious propaganda from now on? smile.gif </font>

The Answer: How can they call on him unless they have heard? How can they hear unless somebody preach? How can somebody preach unless they be sent? Blessed be the preacher of the Gospel.

I'm that preacher.

I'm that speaker.

I'm that Legend.

Ottomops trashed you.

Now go suck on a shoe.

Knock it off? You're the one calling Christians abusers of children. Why don't you knock it off? We ain't Catholic. In addition, the same old anti-USA crap on this Forum is old.

Anyhow, that old Catholic stuff isn't the new trend. Here's the new trend, people shooting people in church:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/08/12/church.shooting/index.html

[ August 12, 2007, 07:11 PM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]