CMBB Screen Resolution

Hello,

I just got a new machine:

Duo core 2

Nvidia 7300 LE

20" digital widscreen flat panel

Vista 32

The native resolution is 1680 by 1050. CMBB always installs at 800 by 600 (that is the highest it offers during the initial scan). Is there a way to get a higher resolution for the game?

Thank you

Ralph

Strange, I would think that it would at least offer 1280x1024 since that still fits within your resolution (the 'vertical' being the limiting factor).

Although it isn't your display's native resolution, I'd suggest temporarily changing the desktop resolution to 1280x1024 or something close to there and then launch CMBB and see if it offers you anything higher than 800x600.

If that doesn't work, then I'm not sure what to suggest. What driver version do you have installed, is it the built-in Microsoft provided driver or a newer Nvidia one ?

Thanks, I'll try changing the screen resolution and launching CMBB tonight. The driver is from the NVidia download site:

ForceWare Release 158

Version: 158.24

Release Date: June 1, 2007

WHQL Driver

I installed this driver as the one that came with the machine didn't provide for antialiasing and other features.

Ralph

• 4 weeks later...