Oddity when US captures Germany

http://users.erols.com/chare/cm/US_takes_Germany_USSR_no_supply2.jpg

USSR had previously captured Warsaw, the US then took Italy. Eventually, after a Russian tank unit took Berlin, Germany transferred its capital to Munich, and I overran it with a US unit. This gave Germany to the US along with Prague and Poland!

What's worse is the USSR HQs now act like they're in enemy territory without a port city (at supply level 5). Is this supposed to simulate the cold war? ;)

Also, the game didn't end when Germany fell. Apparently, Spain and Finland will fight on as the only Axis powers. Is that supposed to happen?

- Chris

- Yes, you got to take Germany with the country that you want to have supply in there, the supply doesn't carry over to others.

- It always gave an Axis Victory after Germany and Italy surrendered, no matter what the status of the other minors.

Yes, you got to take Germany with the country that you want to have supply in there, the supply doesn't carry over to others.
Both the US and UK HQs within conquered Germany are at supply level 8. Only the USSR HQs are at supply level 5.

Other issues:

It seems odd to me that all of Italy's resources remain at level 5 after Italy surrenders to the Allies. I can understand why Russian resources would remain at level 5 when taken by German forces, and vice-versa, but should Italy and other conquered Eastern European nations remain at such a low level?

In the same game the UK took Hungary, Bulgaria, and freed Yugoslavia. Yet even friendly Yugoslavia's capital remained at level 5.

Yet Romania's resources -- taken by the Russians -- went up to level 8.

Seems a bit off to me. Maybe starting conquered minor resources off at level 5, then letting them climb to level 8 would be more appropriate? It isn't the lack of MPPs that bothers me; it's the abysmal supply situation.

- Chris

USSR is not a cooperative country, this is a change with SC2, so they will not be supplied by US controlled territory and vice versa.

For Germany not immediately surrendering this is most likely the check in place that looks for the number of German units remaining on board before surrender. Were there still a few German units on board? If so Germany may not immediately surrender and it could take a few turns.

Originally posted by Hubert Cater:

USSR is not a cooperative country, this is a change with SC2, so they will not be supplied by US controlled territory and vice versa.

For Germany not immediately surrendering this is most likely the check in place that looks for the number of German units remaining on board before surrender. Were there still a few German units on board? If so Germany may not immediately surrender and it could take a few turns.

Okay, thanks for the info. But I don't think the US/UK units are behaving the way you want. The US and UK units can get supplied from USSR cities, and can even Operate to any cities occupied by the USSR (outside Russia). But the opposite is not true. USSR can't Operate units to cities controlled by the US/UK (either in Italy or even in Hungary/Bulgaria/Yugoslavia), nor does it get supply from them.

While it's unusual for either the US/UK to be taking any of those countries, if the Yugo capital is surrounded by Russian units (who then destroy the last remaining Axis unit in the city but fail to occupy Belgrade) a Partisan unit will appear on the Belgrade tile. If this Partisan unit isn't immediately moved off the city, Yugo will be owned by the UK and the Russian units will get no supply from it, nor be able to Operate to there.

Finishing out the game, I found no German units remaining, only Spanish and Finnish (link to saved game is below). It took 3 turns to end (I took Benelux and surrounded Paris (without taking the city), but did little else).

And you might want to sit down for this next one. Even though France does not exist outside Axis control, the game tried to give me a new French unit! But it said I couldn't place it on the map (there are no French tiles, of course).

I was going to post previously that I thought I had moved a Soviet unit onto the French mine and that it had gotten kicked out of France when Germany capitulated (like the BEF). But I assumed I was wrong, and so didn't mention it. Given the above, I'm now not so sure I was mis-remembering.

Here's the saved game after I captured Germany:

http://users.erols.com/chare/cm/SC2_French_Unit_no_France.zip

* It gives you the mysterious new French unit (XXII Corps), and you can take a look at the supply/operate status in Hungary/Bulgaria/Yugo.

* The Brit BEF Army in Romania (99,21) gets supply level 7 from Bucharest.

* The USSR 33rd Army in Hungary gets no supply from Budapest (it's coming from Bucharest, as far as I can tell).

Hope that helps. Thanks for a great game, but could we please get the Pacific theater next? Thanks! smile.gif

- Chris