Minors dont fully Surrender

i was wondering if there would be another option like free french but for all minors. so say before poland surrenders you op move the plane out and when poland surrenders the plane doesnt go because its on a magors soil. So you could use this for other countries like spain or something to evac at gibralter.

just a though

Poland could have a corps to join the UK after Poland goes down. Historically this happened at the poles under General Anders fought very bravely at Monte cassino for example.

So yes to free polish troops(1 corps) with a strength of 5 that appears in UK in an event when Poland surrenders.

the main thing is in those situations were the country is going but you dont want to just move a unit to slaughter you risk and try to get them free. also say italy falls by having no defence and instead of losing a hole front they keep going, or something like a % of surrender

Free Polish units, free French units obviously and even Free Greek units contributed to the war effort. I think that its a great idea to allow the transfer of a certain sized unit from a conquered nation to that of Great Britain and the Allies. Of course, after Poland capitulated, their co-operation with the Allies was merely at their discretion, the soldiers that is...

We've discussed this topic numerous times in the original SC area.

As Desert Dave has often pointed out, there were no Free French units of armysize. So, as they exist in the game, it has to be seen as an abstraction representing all the free soldiers who fled the continent to either Britain or the Middle East to continue openly fighting against the Germans.

There were a huge number of Poles, many of whom originally made their way to France and fought in the Spring of 1940, some of them in the Maginot Line. Incredibly, most of them later made their way to the UK.

Additionally, the Polish Government in Exile was able to get Stalin to release Polish soldiers who'd been taken prisoner in 1939 and had since been incorporated into the Soviet Army. They were sent to the Middle East to fight with the 8th Army in units that often don't appear on maps as being Polish, i.e. regular British or Commonwealth divisions.

A further large force of Pols remained with the Russians and fought under Soviet Commanders.

I don't have the exact figure but I'm sure over a million Poles joined in the West after Poland was conquered, some were organized in air and naval units as well.

Good point to bring up jon_j_rambo...that is something i would really like to know...and that is...how many Russians fought with the Nazis?

I know that the Nazis had a sizeable force of Cossacks for example, that decided to fight with the Nazis against the Russians. The Ukrainians were not happy with the Russians...i dont know what the problems were exactly...but the Ukranians were more than happy to fight the Russians when the opportunity presented itself!.

I am not versed to-good in this area of WW2...so i am also unaware of any others that fought for the Nazis in that region!.

When Germany crossed the Eastern frontier during the Invasion of the Soviet Union on June 21st, 1941, the people of the Baltic regions were quick to take up arms against the fleeing Communist forces. The Soviets had exacted a bloody toll from the Baltics, and the Lithuanians suffered as much as their northern neigbors, Lativa and Estonia. In the face of such brutual treatment, and with the German invasion providing an impetus for revolt, the Baltics erupted as thousands of freedom-fighters rose up to fight off and liberate entire portions of their nations. It is estimated that at least 125,000 Lithuanians rose up to fight the retreating Soviets during the time between the initial German crossing of the eastern frontier and the final evacuation of all Russian troops. At least 4,000 are said to have been killed during this period, and another 10,000 wounded in action. Numerous Lithuanian cities were also liberated even before the Germans arrived, a sign of the fierceness with which the Lithuanians were willing to fight for their homeland.

Unlike her Estonian and Latvian neighbors though, Lithuania never provided Germany with a National Legion during WWII, although from the very start of the German occupation quite a few volunteers came forward. It is estimated that as many as 50,000 eventually served in German sponsered units during 1941-45. In fact, many volunteers were initially deserters from the Soviet 29th light Infantry Corps - a unit which the Soviets formed enmasse from the entire Lithuanian ground forces after their occupation of the country in 1939. The other major source of volunteers and conscripts during the initial stage of German occupation were the numerous ad-hoc units formed as the Soviets were fleeing. For the most part, as in the other Baltic nations, these Lithuanian ad-hoc units were disbanded once the German occupation was complete. In some case though select units provided the basis for new self defense formations formed by the Germans for security operations. It is from these origins that the organizational history of Lithuanian units under Axis occupation begins.

Pretty typical for all areas the Germans invaded. The Commies weren't exactly loved.

300,000 Russians died fighting for the Nazis. LOTS of European countries loved Hitler & helped the Buntas: Poles, Netherlands, France, Sweden, Russia, Yugoslavia, Romania, Italy, Bulgaria, Hungary, Albania, some Greeks...

The Germans were overated, & got defeated by the first real opponent they battled, England. Goering was in charge of the Battle of Britain. The Goering piece should be added. Far as the other leaders start adding Jodl too, he was the one calling the shots in the West against Patton & company.

I really dont see that they were "defeated" by England. Did England own the sky above UK? Pretty much so. Did they occupy any other part of Europe.NO. Kinda hard to say you defeated a nation when you are just holding your own on your own little island.

I would say they got defeated by the true real opponent they battled,USA. If it werent for the USA ,the tide of war definatly would have gone different.No USA- no D day,no mass bombers of germany's industrail,no pressure off of USSR,no win in NOrth Africa.

You can say Germans overated but it took 4 of 6 world powers at time to defeat them.

Usa did good but i dont believe they defeated germany. it was the Russians Uk and Americans that did that. They all did there part, there was no one defining thing that just knocked them out. You all know this so its no point writing it but still will lol.

Russia: the cold cold cold (rapsputkin), the rails were different size so needed horses. Scorch and burn tactics

USA/Uk: Bombing and preventing egypts surrender. Getting lucky air target switched. Going after Russia instead after a while.

The only thing is hitlers syphilus which also intrigues me. When did it start to mess with him badly??