Sometimes the AI can surprise you...

Having a problem inserting the image so here is the link:

http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/Blashy/?action=view&current=MajorWolfpack.jpg

?action=view&current=MajorWolfpack.jpg

This is with my mini patch mod that makes sub cost 100 instead of 200. The possibility for a sub war is very real and this game displays it perfectly.

There is a sub just south of Portugal as well, found that out the turn I attack and surrounded the sub fleet and two battle ships came in from the French coast.

• 2 weeks later...

Blashy,

Your mod really opens up the naval war that's for sure! I'm playing one now as the Allies. The Germans keep coming up with ships everywhere! Both surface and subs, but more subs.

The Royal Navy is hanging in there, but just barely!

What are you finding is having the biggest impact? low price? I wish I could coax the US into being a bit more aggressive -- even with uber MPPs, and a massive accumulation of forces on native soil, they wouldn't send more than one fighter group and a handful of corps to England by mid-1942. Strangely, they had a ton of amphib. transports sitting a few hexes off-shore. They obviously were there a while as they were all 7-8 strength (from rough seas) and low morale/readiness.