Paratroopers casualties on own ground ?

Well, the paratroopers are coming with a second unit, called JU 52. So using the airplanes to fly them into a city (airport) are proper means enough for me. And there is no need than to loose 40% of "heavy equipment".

Guest Mike

There were never enough Ju-52/3m's for the Luftwaffe - the type was a basic trainer as well as a transport, and getting enough of them together for an airdrop was a major exercise.

40% losses is an outlier - sometimes they happen - it's hte most that's ben reported and 10-20% is typical.

Yet again - if you want to move troops long distances then you should use the proper means - paradropping into friendly areas is cheese!

I understand your point. But the cost in SC2 is you have to rebuild this unit in a friendly jump. As far as being scattered, this only slow the unit from doing there job on time. The D-day landings I believe again proved that point. Now they can have another penalty applied to them. But loses you are replacing men and materials. As pointed out be some one this tiles represent 50 klicks. And yes the rules do say you take a heavy loses in any terrain but clear. The real loses for para is after they land and if they are cut off. Then it's ugly.

Originally posted by rleete:

You know, Lars, everytime I see you've posted here, I chuckle at your treeburst airdrop.

Only part of the fall of France that was fun.

Send a turn and I'll show you my Egyptian comedian routine. You'll love the punchline. Slayed them in Cairo...