• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

UK had 5 chits nearly throughout the whole game - Condor obviously 0 - so chance is 25% each turn. So no real luck involved, just math smile.gif . But in deed diplomacy is too powerful compared to the few mpps it costs and strongly favours Axis if they invest in it too.

June 29, 1941:

Last german sub sunk by russian cruiser (dived against the swedish one). Bismarck again down to 1 smile.gif .

Russia decided to defend forward this time . so no city lost so far - since Axis forces are spread accross whole Europe at the moment. DoW to Finland, finish border corps destroyed.

German HQ Leeb shoot down to 6 near Bordeaux.

It has shown to work out fine in all my games.

It is luck 25% is one chance out of 4, for him to have had Spain, Sweden and Iraq all move is LUCK.

I've seen a game with 4 chits in one country going a complete game with not ONE hit.

And the chits are consumable, so it means he re-invested and that re-investing can haunt you in the long run if the Russians are in deep trouble but the west can't do anything because all their troops are not ready at this time.

In this game I favor the Allies because from what I am reading two things have occured:

1) Lucky diplomacy hits by the Allies.

2) I can't see how Condor can attack all these other countries and still have a enough troops for Barbarossa. But I am not seeing the complete picture.

In the end diplomacy can win you the game but it is a gamble at 1to4 odds. So it can most likely cost you the game and it has happened to me a few times.

Regarding diplomacy one question:

If Italy , Germany and Gb invest each one chit on Spain. What are now the chances to influence Spain.

a. 0% because GB chits cancels out one from Italy and Germany?

b. 5% or 3%?

[ April 22, 2006, 10:04 AM: Message edited by: Sombra ]

Sorry, Blashy - but it is 1 to 4 odd EVERY turn ;) . So it is no real gamble since every year has around 15 turns, i.e 15 times the 25% chance... Very unlikely someone is so unlucky to not get a result - and in all my test games so far, diplo had nearly a guarantee to work.

July 13, 1941:

Germany has in Russia only 1 tank and one army - they kill Riga defender but can´t occupy the city this turn.

Allies land reinforcements in Spain (several corps) while a spanish cruiser sinks the only italian sub.

Sweden surrenders, but in the Baltic a russian cruiser stops a ferry heading towards Finland, searching for illegal passengers. Ferry confiscated as they found a german corps hidden in it.

Well, I've seen games not turn out so great with diplomacy heavily invested, like a total of 10 chits spend for Spain and never getting that extra hit to bring it to Axis side.

Basically it is also about counter diplomacy, you have to keep on eye on it, if not I agree that the chances are you will get burned.

I have a hunch Condor did not pay attention to diplomacy that much in this game.

July 27, 1941:

Heavy battles in Finland - no losses so far for Russia, but it has to retreat a bit to upgrade/repair its units. Finally they got Infantry Weapons 1 and the Lv 0 tank can also need an upgrade when fighting against lv 3 german tanks. Riga lost and Minsk abandoned after enemy tanks fired their first shoots at the defenders.

Some more reinforcements arrive in Spain to form a solid defence line in the mountains to protect the coastal cities and Madrid. In the east 4 italian armies/corps landed amphibiously together with a HQ, but didn´t manage to destroy the defender till now. Italian fleet retreats - Royal Navy approaching...

August 10, 1941:

Russian army lost in Finland (3 german armies, tank + 2 AFs in action there), german army killed as retaliation. Second russian tank approaches the battlefield.

Defence line in Spain established - spanish and UK HQs lead their troops into battle. German tank and army approaching. Further italian landings kill the defender of the eastern spanish city - now italian occupied.

Russia DoWs Iran and moves towards the capital.

Originally posted by Sombra:

If Italy , Germany and Gb invest each one chit on Spain. What are now the chances to influence Spain.

b. 5% or 3%?

An answer please? would be nice if the Allies could cancel out the diplomacy efforts of Italy and Axis together

August 24, 1941:

German lv 3 tank killed in Finland - russian forces heavily damaged...

UK sends heavy stuff to Spain including tank and airfleets. Spanish tank entrenches in Madrid. Allied shorebombardements along the whole coast in Atlantic and Mediterranean.

September 7, 1941:

Yep, mountains are useful for Allies in Spain smile.gif . So they can fight the enemy in the plains - german army annihilated near Madrid.

Royal Navy retreats as Italy sends its fleet into battle - a lot of str 1-2 allied ships...waiting for the second half of the fleet, called for help from northern Spain smile.gif .

In Finland as expected a russian tank is no more, but the last 2 german armies have to retreat for repairs and a finish corps bites the dust.

USA joins the war and - US fleet heading east...

Leningrad under siege, german tanks try to break the defence line east of it.

September 21, 1941:

Italian cruiser destroyed near Gibraltar, Royal Navy ship lost. Germany landed a Paratrooper nearby and destroyed another allied battleship in Gibraltar port - Paratrooper shoot down to 6 by shorebombardement and several carrier strikes. Entrenching in Spain.

Mud in Russia - so only reinforcing and upgrading of the new arrivals from the production queue. Zhukov takes command in Moskow area.

October 19, 1941:

Several german tanks approaching Moskov - Zhukov under attack before he can move back. Some new russian armies/corps arrive and are placed around Moskov. Partisans take Kiev back. Iran surrenders to Russia. In Finland a russian army is lost - german reinforcements arrived - finish corps killed in return.

Allied expedition forces in Spain kill an italian army and a corps. Near Gibraltar 2 UK battleships are lost, last italian cruiser also at the bottom of the sea.

November 41.

Well Spain is hell. cant do anything wiht those

mountains and my troops are in finland trying to connect land taking Leningrade. Good idea but...i needed more troops in Spain...so im not getting Madrid nor lenningrade.

Ill try to continue tomorrow but i think i will have to concentrate on 1 point...Spain, leaving russia to the russians.

Originally posted by Sombra:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sombra:

b. 5% or 3%?

An answer please? would be nice if the Allies could cancel out the diplomacy efforts of Italy and Axis together </font>

If not its simply an sure investment for the axis to invest 5 chits in Spain + 5c hits in Spain from Italy ... Spain will nearly always join the axis.

If GB can cancel out PER nation a diplomatic chit then GB could block totally the efforts of the joined Axis to convince Spain and later on invest with _Us in other countries.. Knowing that the axis would have to diversify its diplomatic strat. or run teh riks to get totally blocked in its efforts. Diversify is fun for me . If not Axis will nearly always invest 5 chits from the axis and from Italy

It only cancels one out. So one of them would still be functional.

I'm pretty sure Condor spread himself too thin trying a bit of the old strategy from SC1.

Spain with HQ and tons of units is pretty much hell. Diplomacy for Spain is usually essential or you just ignore it.

Originally posted by Blashy:

It only cancels one out. So one of them would still be functional.

I'm pretty sure Condor spread himself too thin trying a bit of the old strategy from SC1.

Spain with HQ and tons of units is pretty much hell. Diplomacy for Spain is usually essential or you just ignore it.

shame though you will nearly always invest 10chits as Axis in Spain thats it... kind of boring... As said yourself Spains resources a huge and to important... Kind of boring