How incredibly rude...

Recieved a scenario from a friend of mine who told me I'd be most interested in it. It's entitled 'OSS On Patrol' and was "created" by a fellow named Paul Cleveland.

You'll know why I placed a set of quotes about "created" after you take a look at this pair of screens showing Paul's 'OSS On Patrol' next to my 'Commando Skorzeny' scenario. And not so much as a credit in his readme! How rude!

View?u=1567327&a=11906199&p=51193206&Sequence=0&res=high

If anyone knows where this dross is being hosted (the sender doesn't recall where he came by it, but says he's had it since February), let me know!

Michael,

Yep. Just the map is duplicated (right down to the fictional farm name and other landmarks), although I assure you the scenario is quite horrid. I must admit my weakness at being nonplussed upon discovery of this "scenario". The screenshots were posted in the haste which accompanies fresh ire, and it is just a game. I probably should simply have been flattered, I suppose.

Capt.,

Yep. Magua's terrain. Gotta love it!

[edits made to minimize vitriol]

[ 07-01-2001: Message edited by: Clubfoot ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Clubfoot:

[QB][edits made to minimize vitriol]

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you are well within your rights to be angry. While duplication is called the most sincere form of flattery, I must say I find plagiarism just repugnant. Hope you get the scenario taken off.

Well to be honest, they're public domain regardless of tournament saves or not. And I fail to see the pertinence of bantering PD.

It's decency I'm concerned with.

This isn't some big-headed "copyright" issue. It's that "old world courtesy" debate cropping up again.