CMBB and Finnish übertroops...

I was just wondering how CMBB is going to simulate the surprising effect of Finnish against Sovjet troops... Can all of this be fixed with the "stamina" factor or is there an other equation in the play...

I personally dont hope so, we did whoop some ass (compared to what was expected off us) guite a few decades ago... I know this might wake up to be aflamer, but it certainly is not supposed to be...

[ 01-12-2002: Message edited by: Jussi Köhler ]

Edited caude Finnish ppl cannt play soccer... As good as the rest of Europe...

[ 01-12-2002: Message edited by: Jussi Köhler ]</p>

Originally posted by Jussi Köhler:

[QB]I was just wondering how CMBB is going to simulate the surprising effect of Finnish against Sovjet troops... Can all of this be fixed with the "stamina" factor or is there an other equation in the play...

I personally dont hope so, we did whoop some ass (compared to what was expected off us) guite a few decades ago... I know this might wake up to be aflamer, but it certainly is not supposed to be...

Edited cause Finnish ppl cannt play soccer... As well as the rest of Europe at the very least...

CMBB isn't going to cover the '39-'40 Winter War to my knowledge, which is what I see as the primary emphasis of this question. The Finns will be included in CMBB to primarily simulate the battles in '44. Winter War will most likely be covered by CM4 to my knowledge.

I don't think that there will be any 'special' capabilities given to Finnish troops to simulate their familiarity with the local terrain and their guerilla-like tactics (again something that may be a bit more applicable to Winter War). In CM you will need to possibly increase the experience of the Finns and to give their leaders Stealth bonuses on a common basis. Everything else will be up to the player in regards to executing tactics to 'surprise' the Soviets.

The 'stamina' factor is probably something that would realistically differentiate the Finns from the Soviets when designing scenarios simulating the Winter War and the Soviet's lack of prepardness (among other things). The summer battles of '44 were more of an even match to my recollection - in terms of the tactics the Soviets had acquired (though not always carried out as well as they should have been) and the advantages of waging war during the summer rather than the winter.

[ 01-12-2002: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]</p>

The Finnish Winter War lasted only 105 days... From the 30.11.1939-13.3.1940, so I think its very much in the time-frame... Please forgive me if I´m wrong, but this is the knowledge I have...

Ohdear... What is the actual timeframe of CMBB...?

God this is embarrassing...

[ 01-12-2002: Message edited by: Jussi Köhler ]</p>

As I understand it, CMBB will only include things in the "Barbarossa to Berlin" time frame. I.e., June '41 to May '45. This would cover the continuation war, but not the winter war, which would be fit in with CM-the early war, or whatever they end up calling that game. Warsaw to Athens?