How are 450 - 500 Mhz machines holding up?

Originally posted by Kingfish:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Subvet:

I'm probably running on one of the slowest machines of anyone playing CMBB. :(

Celeron 366

first version of the TNT card with 16MB

192 MB system RAM

Windows 98 SE

But not the slowest...

P2-233 (no overclocking)

Same v-card

160 MB ram

Windows 95</font>

With my system(800 Celeron, 128MB RAM, S...box Intel 810 series "video memory") I played Tractor Works without a hitch, had no probs with the Italian/Romanian Stalingrad scene with the huge map and little trees but I had some real issues in Once A King. The trees must be bogging my vid memory a bit, I am running at 800x600. The scenario played fine, just a few times it got close to locking up and I had to reboot.

This thread should be of interest for the developers, too, so I will add my specs:

Celeron 466

128 MB

Matrox G400 (16MB)

Played only the demo so far!

Yelnia required the following settings:

<ul>[*]Trees off[*]Doodads off[*]2-men display

With these settings, the frame rate was acceptable and they are optimum for issuing orders, anyway!

To review the most theatrical scenes during playback I switch on trees and doodads occasionally!

Regards,

Thomm

I upgraded after reviewing the demo. The demo ran slowly on my 900mhz Athlon processor. BTS would probably not agree with me but my advice would be, if you can afford it, upgrade and break the mhz | ghz barrier. I was so used to CMBO "thinking" so quickly that when I got the full blown CMBB it bothered me that it was not as "quick thinking". Of course if the speed at which the computer thinks out its moves does not bother you then more power to you...or should I say less power?