CMBB and CDV

Well, it's good to be back... haven't posted here in about one year and I've left the CMBO MP scene although I play offline sometimes.

Anyway, CMBB has caught my eye and I'm looking to buy it as I did with CMBO shortly after it was released. I'm having a slight problem though :

Seeing I'm in Europe (Portugal) and that I can't buy directly from Battlefront.com, I'm stuck with CDV that doesn't seems to be too keen on releasing the game. At least with CMBO I got to annoy Steve with emails asking when if the game had been already shipped. smile.gif

Now I can't even get to bother anyone... :(

Speaking seriously, I'm a CM fan, I would like to get my copy of CMBB and don't really know how...

[ October 22, 2002, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: Jard ]

Originally posted by Nick Hyle:

Does the Amazon UK copy have the 'real' (US version) manual, or the aborted little CDV thing?

CDV manual (really i don't care, believe me smile.gif )

FAQ:

http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=23;t=002148

[ October 22, 2002, 04:40 PM: Message edited by: Potential Italian Player ]

Well, I hadn't really tought that I was going to write a "Woohoo, I got it!" post, but I thought perhaps it might be interesting to know that I finally found it here in Norway the other day, only about a month later than the release date... :rolleyes:

My copy has a sticker saying "Not for sale outside Scandinavia" on it. Can't spot any features that should set it appart from the version released in e.g. England, so I can't say why. One of these days I'd really like an explanation about why CDV sees the need of segmenting the market. What do they gain from it (appart from annoying some of their customers)?

Oh well, perhaps that's not given us mere mortals to understand...

Originally posted by Hawk:

Well, I hadn't really tought that I was going to write a "Woohoo, I got it!" post, but I thought perhaps it might be interesting to know that I finally found it here in Norway the other day, only about a month later than the release date... :rolleyes:

My copy has a sticker saying "Not for sale outside Scandinavia" on it. Can't spot any features that should set it appart from the version released in e.g. England, so I can't say why. One of these days I'd really like an explanation about why CDV sees the need of segmenting the market. What do they gain from it (appart from annoying some of their customers)?

Oh well, perhaps that's not given us mere mortals to understand...

You received the Super Nordic version, which is so packed with coolness that it's likely to kill outright members of other nations who play it.