Newbie looking for PBEM ladders

these sites look like just the thing but I cant seem to able to open the links within the site. Chat in CMHQ dosent open just sits there and oponnent finder in the tournamnet.com just times out!!!!

Check out Band of Brothers. It's a little selective, with a new member admissions process. It is a nice, well run site with sociable players, and an active forum.

Check out the BAR & Stats. It's all automated. Very cool. (The BAR is the ladder manager). Take a look in Kilroy's Awards, too. Under the Campaign Games button on the top button bar, look at the Italian Campaign. Very nice.

May not be what you are looking for, but has about 10 tournaments ongoing right now plus two campaigns and another in the hopper to start in a couple of weeks.

We brush our teeth, too.

[ May 24, 2002, 03:50 PM: Message edited by: -Havermeyer- ]

Piglet, what kind of browser do you have? You can use a standlone IRC client to go into these chatrooms.

I think theblitz.com (theblitz.org?) has a CM ladder as well, although I think it's less often used than the other two.

You are forgetting the friendliest 'ladder' around. I put 'ladder' in quotes because it is not a ladder but much more of a club and community. And this club would be Band of Brothers.

WWB

PS: regarding your technical difficulties, it sounds like you do not have java installed or enabled. If you are running XP, java virtual machine is not installed by defualt and must be downloaded from microsoft.

[ May 24, 2002, 11:49 AM: Message edited by: wwb_99 ]