Bug? Artillery question

This might be a version 1.00 => version 1.01 issue, but....

I had a 81 mm mortar observer targetted a AT pillbox with smoke. Then we updated from 1.00 to 1.01.

Of course the arty started falling at the start of a turn, and of course it was 200 mtrs of. So my arty observer just spend half his load (150 shells, 70 spend) smoking soome of board position. From the discussion on this board I understand this is normal, and as it should be (though I think a spotting round would be nice, but who am I).

Now I tried to cancel this pointless waste of shells. No use. The arty observer has no "cancel target" option, and trying to get an other spot selected gives a "ping" sound and little else.

Any thoughts? But you have to be fast, I already send my NKVD officer to shoot the useless SOB.

Bertram

Nb.: yes I know, the obvious solution is to change the target of your arty around each turn, so that it always falls just before the end of your turn. I just forgot last turn, and it pisses me of mightly that a mission that could have been accomplished with 6 shells now takes all 150 of this observer, and then still makes only a smoke screen of board.