wg-ss patch not worcking!

I downloaded the anticencor patch that schoerner did. The read me says I should hear a windows "plim!" sounds when the patch is working... Now I cant hear any noice, the dos screen that apears does also nothing. Cmbb just starts whit the normal wg!

What did I do wrong?

-The Bear Paddington

Padington:

1. Are you referring to the symbols in the scenario-screen, or the naming in unit's details window (or editor)?

2. Did you wait for the second Windows sound (or if you've assigned no sound for that action, did you wait, till the console terminated), BEFORE you left the CM2-startscreen?

3. Please read the readme carefully and let me know if the problem still persists/gets solved.

Schoerner

[ October 17, 2002, 02:33 PM: Message edited by: Schoerner ]

Are you joking?

Set the time back to 90000, start the loader, jump over the CDV-intro movie and wait till CM2 is loaded.

Jump to the desktop with ALT+ESC or ALT+TAB and !WAIT! till the DOS-box is closed AUTOMATICALLY.

Back in the game, you have the SS instead WG.

Maybe i should rewrite the readme.

Originally posted by Hertston:

So you have to do this every time you run the game ?

By the looks of it, no. Could be that you'd have to do it each time you actually start up your machine.

Simply reboot, and check.

Maybe a few words to the technical background (not many crackers here, eh?):

The loader does in no way affect the CM executable. It leaves the copy-protection untouched.

It "only" changes CM's-process memory.

Therefore the CombatMission process is called by the loader to gain full access rights to the target-process.

It waits till it's fully loaded and decrypted into computer's memory, then the patcher searches for the byte-sequences in CM's process-memory and changes them.

Therefore it should be correctly called LOADER or MEMORY PATCHER, but not PATCH.

Conclusion: everytime you want the changes, you need to start CM with the loader.

Why this solution?

1. It would have taken much more time, to find the encryption algorithm of the strings (they are encrypted).

2. CDV's version is encrypted with Safedisc v2.7x and atm v2.7x isn't cracked.

3. I didn't even want to try any cracking, 'cause CM is worth every cent and even more.

Hope this claryfies some things.

[ October 17, 2002, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: Schoerner ]

Originally posted by Schoerner:

1. It would have taken much more time, to find the encryption algorithm of the strings (they are encrypted).

Hehe... so you had a look then ;)

The copy protection I can live with (as my DVD drive can) as it doesn't slow loading times (much) - it's usually only a real pain when it needs to access during a game (Morrowind !!). Nobody was expecting a "cd crack", just a "WG crack".

Thanks Schoerner.. much appreciated. Best way I've found to use it is play with the timer so the patcher does it's stuff just as the menu comes up after the titles (which I've replaced with some pictures and and a better soundtrack, so I'm happy to let them run). Don't even notice it happening then tongue.gif

Maybe a few words to the technical background (not many crackers here, eh?):

The loader does in no way affect the CM executable. It leaves the copy-protection untouched.

It "only" changes CM's-process memory.

Therefore the CombatMission process is called by the loader to gain full access rights to the target-process.

It waits till it's fully loaded and decrypted into computer's memory, then the patcher searches for the byte-sequences in CM's process-memory and changes them.

Therefore it should be correctly called LOADER or MEMORY PATCHER, but not PATCH.

Conclusion: everytime you want the changes, you need to start CM with the loader.

Why this solution?

2. CDV's version is encrypted with Safedisc v2.7x and atm v2.7x isn't cracked.

3. I didn't even want to try any cracking, 'cause CM is worth every cent and even more.

Hope this claryfies some things.

Schoerner, I love this approach. Not only did you preserve the integrity of the actual buying process (yeah, you W4r3z 8oYz pay attention) but provided a clean remedy for those annoyed by the Waffle Grenadienes.

@Keke: i really can't help you with that much information you gave to me

I did exactly as told in readme. After the second "plim" nothing changes in the game. Nothing. Still the same fantasy waffengrenadiers doing their fantasy war crimes...