Anyone else intimidated by Russian armor?

Originally posted by Nippy:

"Anyone else just a little aprehensive about taking the axis side?"

Heck, now it will be a joy again to play Allied! Finlly some tanks that are just about equal with their German counterparts*. Then again I look forward to the German challanges in the early war years too. 37mm armed PZIII vs. KV-1!

*If you are Russian and was to kill lots of German tanks you can use the T-34/85, SU-100, JSU-122, JSU-152, and BS-3 AT gun. If you are American and want to kill lots of german tanks, you can use the T-26 Pershing, and...and...um...uh...did I mention the Pershing?

---------------------------

LOL! T34/85 are too expensive in game terms and against Panthers are but a useless crap...You must be very close and score a hit with a first shot (which you are likely to miss). Even if Panther also misses it will reload faster and kill you. You need at least 3T34/85 to engage one Panther...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Russia had better armor, sure, but their tank tactics stunk. Now imagine they had've followed the German school of thought right from 1941 in the proper tactical use of armor, and the war might've been shortened by a year or two. I mean driving a platoon of T34's on the crest of a hill is just an invitation for a trigger happy AT position to rake up the kills...and I guess the real problem is that the Russians never learned any better until the later years of the war when manpower finally became an issue.

I don't think a wargamer would mimic those mistakes repeatedly...well maybe if they're Russian...or the AI :D