difference between SU-76i and StuG IIIF

Familiarizing myself with the Soviet units, I noticed that these two are remarkably similar.

They look identical. Was the SU-76 a copy of the StuG? Obviously it had a smaller gun, inferior optics, and so on.

The thing I don't understand is that the SU-76 is listed as having a superstructure, but I cannot see this from the graphic.

The SU-76i is a Russian self-propelled gun mounting the same gun as on the T34 on a captured PzIII chassis. Designed and produced in the dark days of late '42 I believe. Reports of how many were made varies wildly up to a max of 1,500(?). The vehicle got some press when an intact SU-76i was pulled from a river in the 1970s and placed on a plinth in a nearby (ex?)Russian city.

I believe BFC has a finished polygon of the thing waiting in the wings for addition in a later patch. I think the polygon was in the very first 'bone' thrown to the dogs on this site (more than a year ago?) announcing the upcoming game.

Originally posted by Yggdrasill:

Familiarizing myself with the Soviet units, I noticed that these two are remarkably similar.

They look identical. Was the SU-76 a copy of the StuG? Obviously it had a smaller gun, inferior optics, and so on.

The thing I don't understand is that the SU-76 is listed as having a superstructure, but I cannot see this from the graphic.

The SU-76i is the captured StuGIII, but w/ a Soviet cannon. The regular SU-76 (no "i") is a whole different animal, a native Soviet product:

http://www.battlefield.ru/su76.html