Scenario Design

Well, I bought the game (love it, no question) and so I decided to try my hand at designing a map.

I believe I have done quite well, and ended up with a good solid briefing for both sides, clearly designated objectives, realistic terrain, and a few... twists to liven things up.

(All in my little egotistical mind, but hey. I take what praise I can get. biggrin.gif)

Problem: I do not know how to define starting locations for units. (Both for myself and the computer, or for an opposing human player)

For instance, it would be NICE if I could place the pill boxes and static defenses exactly where I wanted, and not rely on the randomness of the computer, but alas I know not how.

I'm slightly annoyed with myself, as I have failed to derive sufficient information from the manual. I can only assume I have failed to notice something crucial, and so I turn to the forums for assistance.

Ummm.... help? tongue.gif

------------------

Honor, Duty, Courage. Everything else is on hold until I blow off a full clip into Death's sternum...

[This message has been edited by I/O Error (edited 12-02-2000).]

After you've purchased units for both sides, go into the map editor, and on the upper left hand side of the screen, one of the options will be "Preview". Click that, CM will display the terrain, and you'll be able to place units as you would during a normal setup phase. You'll also be able to padlock units in place to prevent a human player from moving them during setup.

------------------

Grand Poobah of the fresh fire of Heh.

Could you send it to me, too? I love dismissing people's hard work with a few sarcastic remarks. smile.gif

To answer your questions to Doug, yes, all you need to do is send the .cmb file. If it isn't specified, you should usually send the non tournament saved file.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

remember not to save the game WHEN U R PLAYING under the same name, it overwrites scenario and u can't modify it...

------------------

russellmz

Self-proclaimed Keeper for Life of the Sacred Unofficial FAQ.

"They had their chance- they have not lead!" - GW Bush

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show

[This message has been edited by russellmz (edited 12-11-2000).]

Cool, thanks for telling me that! Could have been rather nasty, otherwise! biggrin.gif

So I figure either Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest I will be satisifed with my first attempt at mapping, so I'll send off a copy to Gustav and Beman.

Anyone else want a try at ridicule? biggrin.giftongue.gif The more the merrier! smile.gif

------------------

Honor, Duty, Courage.

Valhalla awaits you, honorable warrior...

Edit: My "marrier" spelling mistake was just too blatant to ignore. biggrin.gif Maybe I SHOULD make use of the Spell Check... Nah, that's for wimps!

[This message has been edited by I/O Error (edited 12-12-2000).]

Hey, just a tip. Save it a second time in a separate directory. I already killed some of my own scenarios, because of overwriting and stuff... can be really annoying doing the same scenario three times.

Greez

Pain

------------------

War is in my heart

Death is by my side!