Abrams' Thunderbolt -At the Depot

Tank country and rolling hills.. and a hill top Monastery overlooking a dry river bed...Dramatic armor clash and a good battle to practice your combined arms tactics...

Now available at the

Scenario Depot

smile.gif

-----

Title- Abrams' Thunderbolt

Type- Meeting Engagement USA vs. HEER

Date- Sept.22, 1944

Location- Alsace-Lorraine, Eastern France

Weather- Clear

Terrain- Dry

Turns- 30

Made for 2 player or German vs AI(+1)

Description-

Before Operation Market Garden and the struggle at Arnhem, German command was expecting Patton to drive onto Germany itself from Lorraine. Hitler allocated scarce resources for a bold offensive to

cut off and surround Patton's 3rd Army on the east side of the Moselle.

On Sept. 20 the newly formed Panzer Brigade 111 over-ran rear elemements at Arracourt and is now heading for the vital roadways from Juvelize to Moyenvic.

Lt.Col.Creighton Abrams, commander of the 37th Tank Brigade, has ordered his armor to block the German spearhead or risk being cut-off.

petercerda@earthlink.net

[ May 17, 2002, 11:48 AM: Message edited by: Flammenwerfer ]

I loaded this baby up and the map looks very interesting. I am not much for playing the AI, any one want to run a test on the side of US (Abrams)? I have already seen the Axis set up. E-mail my profile if you are game.

[ April 05, 2002, 11:52 AM: Message edited by: Bigdog ]

Originally posted by MajorVictory:

:D

PS is there a scenario that depicts Abram's famous dash to Bastogne? :confused:

At least two that I know of:

"Assenois" and "We Can't Wait" (the latter by Wild Bill Wilder for the "Rumblings of War" and listed under ROW at the Scenario Depot).

Very, very different, though depicting the same event--but both interesting.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I did play it against the designer by PBEM; I had + 25% of forces and the axis side, I lost anyway (by a small difference)

In my opinion this is a very nice map, in wich is easy to get flank shots, the feature of the dry river allows to hide troops and vehicles to be invisible till you decide otherwise, I tried it to against the AI in order to practice some tactics, very good too; I recomend warmly this one, thanks Flammenwerfer for the good moments