Scenario Trade

To all,

I've managed to collect approximately 540+ scenarios and 56 operations(not including the CD scenarios), cross-reference them against the existing Scenario database, and zip them together. I'm missing approximately 100+ scenarios, and 6 operation including the ASL and the PP01 through PP10 and PT01 through PT08 scenarios. I'll trade the Scenario Mega Pack for these and other that are missing on the list.

Subject to the individual scenarios respective authors' permissions, you can get the Scenario Mega Pack (11MB) at:

http://www.dragonlair.net

[This message has been edited by Admiral Keth (edited 04-03-2001).]

Hey Admiral,

I've got the ASL and PP series, but not sure about the PT though. I've got 445 cmb's myself(not counting ops or CD). I'll send the ASL and PP series when I get off work, and if I have them the PT as well. You could have had them anyway without a trade, but why don't you just let me download the mega pak anyway?

Sure Admiral. Now that I'm thinking about it, I think I have at least *some* of the PT series as well, maybe all. I'll send them to ya when I get off work which will be in approximately 6.5 more hours.

Agua, sincerest thanks. The Scenario Database is a little out of date, but I'm going to try my hand at updating it with the recent flurry of available scenarios (until the wife glares at me for spending so much time on it), of course appropriately crediting respective authors and sites.

Thanks Admiral Keth!

A really INCREDIBLE compilation of scenarios.

There are so many, perhaps a little guidance might be helpful. Could you give us a little list of scenarios you particularly like, including perhaps some of the less well known ones? Anyone else want to pitch in with recommendations?

Thanks in advance, and, again, WOW!

CombinedArms,

I'm already working on an informal rating system, but it's only in a XLS format. I'm seriously considering creating a voting system on my website (I'm no slouch with Perl), but I'm a little apprehensive about stepping on scenario designer's toes. Sure, it's one thing to compile and provide as many of the scenarios that are available to the CM community, but it's another to be presumptuous enough to make a rating system. I'd really have to have the support of the CM community prior to embarking on this project.

Thoughts and comments from CM players and scenario designers?

Just from the point of view of your own effort level, as well as audience participation, a rating system seems like a lot of work. Why not just a list of your favorite scenarios, possibly in Excel format, but it might also work as a simple text file. It might be just 10 or 15 you really like. No negatives about those that aren't so hot, so you won't be stepping on any toes. Just some thoughts.

I would be very interested in a compilation of all existing scenarios as well as any database (be it review or what-not) of scenarios you might due. I would love a list that describes forces, turns, type of battle, weather, etc. to help in selecting which one to play.

And a huge zip-file with every scenario ever created would be nice too!

PanzerLeader,

You can find the most recent CM Scenario Mega Pack at the URL in the above 2nd message. I'm doing my best to comb through the vast number of scenarios now, and I'm updating the CM Scenario Database contained within the big zip file.

So far, no one has given negative feedback about including all of these scenarios in a single place; I've only gotten encouragement to do so. Thus I'm considering breaking the 12mb file into smaller chunks and creating a web page for easier d/l. I'll just toss that idea out there and see who shoots at it.

did you play ALL those scenarios? smile.gif

i was pleased to see you had my two scenarios I posted to cmhq...

(crappy "Maneuver Warfare", and silly "Crazy Maze")

I now have another at

http://www.geocities.com/russellmz/cm/scenarios/Burpelson.zip

((be sure to "right-click" and "save as..."))

i just sent in the form for my new scenario to the CM scenario database.

http://russellmz.homestead.com/files/Burpelson/DrStrangelove.html

is my new website to promote it and let it be previewed...

russelmz,

I've played maybe 1/4 of them, but I'm doing my darndest (wife permitting) to get all of them under my belt. I try to play both sides at least twice in order to get an accurate feel for how each force is positioned and maneuvers during the battle.

I truly regret that I have not yet played either of your scenarios, but you can be sure thay are pretty much next on my big "Scenarios To Be Played" list.

NOTE TO ALL: the email address on the form that is included with the Scenario Database is the original creator of this database. I truly don't know if this person is still maintaining the database, but if you want me to include it in my version, please send it to my email address shown in my profile.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Admiral Keth:

russelmz,

I've played maybe 1/4 of them,

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

{me whistling in astonishment} wow...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

but I'm doing my darndest (wife permitting) to get all of them under my belt. I try to play both sides at least twice in order to get an accurate feel for how each force is positioned and maneuvers during the battle.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ahem...double WOW...

I truly regret that I have not yet played either of your scenarios, but you can be sure thay are pretty much next on my big "Scenarios To Be Played" list.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i wasn't joking about the crappy scenario for Hill 301-Manuever Warfare, that was my first scenario and i didn't balance the foces, correctly, it's almost impossibe to win as ameris :(

i do like my maze scenario though smile.gif

NOTE TO ALL: the email address on the form that is included with the Scenario Database is the original creator of this database. I truly don't know if this person is still maintaining the database, but if you want me to include it in my version, please send it to my email address shown in my profile.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

well, i sent a form to griffincheng+ so i guess he's the new maintainer. but i'll email my scenario to you in a short bit...thnx for getting all the scenarios in one place!