Problem downloading patch...

Ive had CMBB for a few days now and I think this is one exceptional game!(Ive been waiting years for a 'game' like this to appear!)Anyways I'll cut to the chase,I cant download version 1.1(european).It begins downloading then after about 5 seconds it stops.I use Gozilla so could this be the culprit?And if so what other free/share ware download managers could I use?As my ISP cuts me off after 2 hours online! Sorry if I sound a bit stupid but im not the most computer literate person in the world :(

Thanks in advance!

The thread that Schrullenhaft refers to is about the problems with the v1.02 download which you have yet to experiance. :eek:

As we know the CDV v1.01 problem is its size at 68meg.

Three options see if your ISP has a "pay as you go" option which will not cut you off after two hours (this is the method i used), or try Get Right. Should you be cut off mid download then you can re-connect and continue from where the break occurred. Finally do you know anyone with broadband.

Good luck

NFR

Well Ive given GetRight a try and it works a treat..until I try to resume the down load!It just says that the file was not found and something about the URL being different! :confused: The patch download was from gamesweb.com,is this a problem with their server,GetRight or just me being a pleb? :(

I also get the following msg-'the download was linked by an unauthorised page'How do I resolve this prob? Thanks again!

Peter Tilbury

I have read in other posts that the German v1.02 does not change the version number on the main menu. :(

For example

Although i believe the game is in fact updated. I must assume from you comments that you do not wish to dl the multilingual version which does change the version number (approx 25meg).

Spaghetti Hoops

To the best of my knowledge CDV do not produce updates on disc. :( Some people on these boards have mentioned that some UK games mags (PC Gamer etc) have had v1.01 on a cover CD although i have never seen it.

Are you using Freeserve as your ISP? :eek:

If so have a look at this thread.

The error message you mention is very similar to what i got on dl v1.02, but not v1.01. :confused:

This may have caused the problem with Get Right download.

Hope this helps

NFR

Looks like I may have to buy the patch on CD-ROM from Fileplanet(about £9 :( )or try to get hold of an old copy of PC Gamer.I cant understand why CDV cant make patches available on CD-ROM for a fee,ive never had this problem with downloading patches before which is damned frustrating and a great pity because its such a good game :(

Oh by the way my ISP is Virgin net not Freeserve.

[ March 09, 2003, 12:10 PM: Message edited by: Spaghetti Hoops ]

Guys, the version number is reported by the game itself so if you launch the game and it still says 1.01 then you are still running the 1.01 version of the game BUT the patch files could in fact be installed (see below).

My guess (and I am checking into this) is that for some reason the 1.02 patch (CDV German version) creates a DIFFERENT named exe to launch the game. Whats happening is that people are using the old shortcut to launch the game and its launching the OLD executable instead of the new one, which is also in the same location.

Any of you that have installed the German CDV patch, just look into your game folder and see how many .exe files you see. If you see two of them than that is the problem.

I will check this myself and let you know what I find.

Madmatt

[ March 10, 2003, 10:55 AM: Message edited by: Madmatt ]

Originally posted by peter tilbury:

I have GetRight and I had the same problem; so I downloaded in one sitting, only to discover that the German download does not in fact indicate that it has upgraded the game. I've given up on 1.02 and will wait till it comes out on a CD somewhere.

Why have you given up on 1.02?I downloaded it(without using Getright)in under 2 hours with no probs at all.If you download the multilingual version you shoyld have no probs! ;)

I didn't want to download in one go, and found that every time I tried to reconnect to continue downloading 1.02, that I got a cannot reconnect no UUl message, forcing me to do it one go. As the multilingual patch is more than twice as large, I don't fancy being connected for a couple of hours to download and install.

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I've been trying to download the European patches for CM2 for the last week and have no joy.

I follow the links on the CDV site which takes me to the gamesweb server. When I click on the link to download, I get a message that the file was linked to from an unauthorised location. I sent a mail to CDV asking if there was an issue and whether I could buy the patches on CD, but no response so far. I also emailed the 'download not working' link on the gamesweb site, but got a bounceback mail that the recipients inbox is full.

Any help anyone can offer me would be really appreciated.

Love this game, but want to get it patched up to 1.03 before starting any of the operations

regards

Jason