Wrong body count?

Did anyone else notice a wrong number of casualties? When I played Cemetery Hill with a friend today, I suffered one casualty. However, a PSW 222 claimed two casualties and a HMG and a 50mm mortar also claimed one casualty each.

It might not be very important and I don´t know how much this influences the outcome of battles (if it happens in a larger scale), but I thought maybe someone might know and tell me.

Here is a link to a screenshot with the PSW´s kill list and the AAR.

[ October 17, 2002, 09:28 AM: Message edited by: Brightblade ]

You are right, these casualties might be killed friendly troops, but IIRC the PSW killed one AT gun and was knocked out very soon after by one of my mortars.

I summed up all kills in all units´ kill lists. The Soviets claimed 63 casualties (I did not forget the knocked out AT gun), but the Germans suffered 67 casualties. The Germans claimed four casualties, but there was only one wounded soldier on the Soviet side. If the three remaining claims were indeed friendly troops, one more might have been lost to a mine field and then the numbers would be correct. Unfortunately there is no kill list for mine fields, not even after the battle.

Anyway, I really don´t believe that the PSW or the 50mm mortar missed their targets by so much that they hit friendly troops.

[ October 17, 2002, 09:34 AM: Message edited by: Brightblade ]

Troops that rout off the board aren't around to be counted for casualty purposes. This - or minefields, as has already been suggested - might account for the extra German casualties.

I'm not sure about your casualties, though, although I would guess friendly fire from the PSW's MG. Did the Germans hose down a section of trench with the PSW and mount an assault near the same place?

Originally posted by Andrew Hedges:

Troops that rout off the board aren't around to be counted for casualty purposes. This - or minefields, as has already been suggested - might account for the extra German casualties.

Noone escaped the map, else there would be men OK on the German side.

I'm not sure about your casualties, though, although I would guess friendly fire from the PSW's MG. Did the Germans hose down a section of trench with the PSW and mount an assault near the same place?
No, the three PSW and the SPW just moved along the border of the map to the position where they got knocked out and, well, got knocked out.

I think this scenario is very hard if not impossible for the Germans to win. Don´t know why it is called a probe, the enemy is entreched very well, so assault would be more fitting.

The only efficient action of any of the vehicles was to take out one AT gun, without harming the crew in any way.