PC Gamer ( UK Version)

I would like to see what Trotter says about it in the US version. His glowing review of CMBO is what sold that game for me.

I ordered the very next day! I was so excited about what CMBO could be (and ended up being) that I must have read that review five or six times while waiting for my backorder to ship!!

[ October 29, 2002, 10:04 PM: Message edited by: Vader's Jester ]

Hey VJ,

Yes, Trotter's article on CMBO hooked me too, but not before I emailed him. I had downloaded the demo and I could see the potential but the execution was godawful. I had never been burned by a PCGamer review so I had to find out what was up. He cited the same trouble I was having with the demo but explained that the game itself was a winner. So here I am.

By the way, I have dropped my PCG subscription. They seem to be squeezing WWII and modern warfare gamers out in favor of first person shooters, D and D trash and Bug attacks. I am surprised they still have Trotter on the staff. Did he get a full page or more as in the past or just a column or two as in the last half year or more.

Looking for a grognard's wargame mag..... Toad

Toad,

I pick up PCG about five or six times a year (normally when there is an article I am interested in that is too big to read at the newstands). Anyway, Trotter got a two page "annaversary" layout a few months ago from the PCG staff. They spoke of his background and 15 years with PCG, and he named CMBO in his top five favorit wargames of all time. It is a bummer that they skip on wargames as much as they do. I bet they let him have two pages for CMBB. PCG seemed really impressed with CMBO, and have stated they were looking forward to CMBB.

I agree PCG aims for a graphics heavy, twich and click fested kind of crowd, but they are the best PC game mag out there. Their reviews are objective for the most part, and dead on most of the time. Since I do not need to buy games very often anymore though thanks to BTS, I don't need to read it as much as I did pre-CM. ;)