Scenario tester needed

Hi, for my "Clear and hold scenario" I need someone to help me playtesting it.

The battle is a non-historic engagement influenced be the Arnheim operation in September 1944.

The US player must break through the german lines and at the same time defend the encircled Paras' positions until relieved.

The Germans have to block the US advance 'till their reinforcements arrive to destroy the Paras and secure the bridge.

Scenario is 35 turns with around 2500 pts for the germans and 3700 for ths US.

I'd appreciate anyone willing to test it.

Thx

From what you describe, it sounds as though it could easily be a "Bastogne" scenario, where elements of the 4th Armored division (CCA, I think), were attempting to break though to the 101st in Bastogne.

The Germans, I believe, were trying to prevent this, while bringing up reinforcements to take Bastogne.

You could make this a historical scenario by changing the date to December, 1944 and making the composition of the attacking/defending forces consistent with those involved in that engagement. I don't think that you would have to change the force composition very much, if at all (I don't know what you've chosen at present--you may already have historically accurate forces chosen)

[ March 18, 2002, 11:50 AM: Message edited by: wbs ]

Hi wbs.

The battle is, in fact kind of historical.

It tries to recreate the fighting in the "airborne corridor" where the XXXth corps battled through scratch german units to relieve the Paras in Eindhoven, Nijmegen and, finally Arnheim.

The germans get a mixture of security forces and later a few Panzers and motorized infantry.

The US get the usual mix of Shermans and infantry ín HTs or trucks with air and arty support.

Non-historic means that I didn't use exact map data or OOBs but rather tried to capture the "feeling" of the "hell's highway" battles.

McAuliffe thx. smile.gif

I think it's quite interesting so far, so if you want to take a look, I'd gladly send you the file.

Parabellum:

Ah, OK, NOW I've got it. You're right--I had forgotten that US paratroopers faced similar situations during 'Market-Garden'. I would volunteer to play-test but for the fact that I am losing my e-mail/internet access in about three days (my employer is going out of business--I have been part of the skeleton crew needed to wrap things up) AND I have to spend my time interviewing for a new job so that I can get back on the board on a regular basis.

[ March 18, 2002, 02:28 PM: Message edited by: wbs ]