Persistant rubble in mapmaking!! a BUG????

A strang thing happen to me when you make a map:if you put a rubble on a square in the mapmaking menu and then you look the 3D view of the the rubble and then revert to the 2D map and change the same rubble with a building, when you see again the 3D view there is again the rubble!!!! you have to put on the 2D map a clear tile on the rubble then go to 3D, then on 2D map you can change the clear with the building and all is ok!!

i think it is not right..... somebody can check it on his program to see if it happens???

thanx

Originally posted by Culex Pipiens:

A strang thing happen to me when you make a map:if you put a rubble on a square in the mapmaking menu and then you look the 3D view of the the rubble and then revert to the 2D map and change the same rubble with a building, when you see again the 3D view there is again the rubble!!!! you have to put on the 2D map a clear tile on the rubble then go to 3D, then on 2D map you can change the clear with the building and all is ok!!

i think it is not right..... somebody can check it on his program to see if it happens???

thanx

Not a bug... it's a feature.

Place a rubble tile, then replace it with a bridge tile... in fact, anything you will place on that (previously) rubble will be destroyed. It's a feature, and it's even somewhere in the manual. As you say, if want to "undo" this, place an empty tile on the same spot, view the map in 3D (important!), and all will revert to normal. This started out as a bug, but everybody agreed that it was a useful feature, so it's in...

Martin