PBEM question

Some time back I read a thread that said in computer generated QB's they thought that only Meeting engagements were fair. Interestingly enough the person said that the attacker gets way to many points in attack/defend missions.

Is this a general opinion? I've been playing some PBEM with a friend and and we've only been doing meeting engagements. We're ready to try other things but we're wondering about what good point ratio's are to use for trying to get fairly well balanced scenarios.

Any other general things about PBEM would be nice as well since I'm about to go looking for some new opponents so I can see some other tactics.

-Thomas

It depends on additional parameters. If the attacker is free to choose whatever he wants, the defender needs luck. Because he cannot buy a force that survives all variants of thick Churchills/Jumbos, masses of M8 HMC and Greyhounds or infantry'n'VT-arty forces.

Defending is always competive from a fun standpoint, and Fionn (or my) limiting rules help a lot. As does random weather.

a good point, I should have mentioned that up till now we've used computer buying units..so that can make things a bit random. We can use limiting rules to be sure.

I guess my main question is the ratio of points that CM gives generally fair?

Originally posted by ThomasZ:

I guess my main question is the ratio of points that CM gives generally fair?

We have quite equal amounts of people for both opinions, so I guess the answer is yes smile.gif . CMBO doesn't give a lot of the benefits a defender in real life has. But the real life attacker would come with 3:1 ratio, hence the low ratio in CMBO. People in CMBO sometimes give the defener +10%, especially when the attacker is Axis, so I guess 1:1.4 may be more ideal than 1.5.