Sturmtiger question

jonp

I suspect there's going to be a fair number of city/Sturmtiger 3rd party scenarios generated once people get to making and posting them. The thing's just too fun to ignore.

I've seen most of the game scenarios and haven't hit a Sturmtiger yet. 60 scenarios on the CD and 300 vehicles types to use? They coudn't possibly fit EVERY vehicle in into their scenario pack! I'm not sure there are any Churchill MkIIIs in the scenarios either.

And it's probably doubtful the AI will select a Sturmtiger in a Quickbattle due to its EXTREME rarity. But that shouldn't stop you from selecting it!

Fooling around.

Set up a battle with three of those mothers and watched the all the initial shots go off the map (for quite a distance I might add). My first thought was "This isn't any fun." Later, the accuracy got better and the rounds actually started landing ON the map. After that, they put the hurt on quite a few units.

I still think I prefer the 14" naval artillery in CMBO.

They are great to use when you can't quite get LOS to your target. Use area fire and you will still be able to take out that infantry regiment even if you can't see it.

I added a pair of Sturmtigers to one of the pre-made scenarios and it turned out that I didn't need all 30 turns afterall. The trick is not to waste the limited ammo you have. You only need to target every third large heavy building and they will all come down.