Stug III and Stug IV

Anyone notice that the Stug III and Stug IV both have the same roadwheel configuration. I think the Stug IV was based on the Panzer MKIV chassis. It should have two more roadwheels than the Stug III which was based on the Panzer MKIII chassis. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this. (As far as that last sentence goes...I guess some things need not be said.)

Thanks

Originally posted by Andreas:

Shared textures. Was already the case in CMBO. The underlying model is different though.

While most of the textures are shared between the StuG III and the StuG IV in CMBO, the side view with the suspension definitely is not. In CMBO, the view is correctly modelled- based upon the PzKW IV chassis. However, I have to agree with the original poster that this is not the case in CMBB.

I have been wondering if this is going to be fixed in a later build of CMBB. Or, if the texture models will at least be separated (according to the CMBB bitmap list they are currently shared), so that a modder can revise the CMBO side texture for CMBB.

Any word from the BFC guys?

Originally posted by Bastables:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Andreas:

Shared textures. Was already the case in CMBO. The underlying model is different though.

Unfortunately the superstructure model of the StuG IV looks identical to the StuG III superstructure.</font>

You don't even have to check out CMBO for the view of the StuG IV with the correct suspension. Simply take a look at the mod section at Combat Mission HQ:

Combat Mission- Mods (German Tanks)

On that page is a view of Fernando Julio Carrera Buil's Stug series. I am fairly sure that Kump's page for the CMBO vehicle mods also shows the correct view of the StuG IV.

Alright, this has been bumped to the top, any comment yet from the guys....

Originally posted by Andreas:

[What I meant is the armour model, not the 3D model.

regarding the wheels, I am no modder, so to me both files look the same on cursory inspection. If it was different in CMBO (can't check, deleted it from the HD), the whole model changed in CMBB, so that really has no bearing on it.[/QB]

Oh, for some reason I thought you were talking about the look, 3d/texture.