In a recent QB I had a Ram Kangaroo have a tussle with a SDKZ 205/9.

The small German halftrack couldn't dent the kangaroo's armour with its' 20 mm, so gave up and contented itself with hammering infantry in a nearby building.

The kangaroo wouldn't fire it's machine gun at the 250/9 so all I could do was to keep backing-up the 'roo and charging full tilt into the Jerry. It kept pushing the little blighter all over the place but couldn't break it, which it perhaps ought to have been able to.

There were many recorded instances of tank ramming on the Eastern Front causing sometimes major damage; should this be included in CMBB?

IMO there is a place for it.

Originally posted by James Crowley:

In a recent QB I had a Ram Kangaroo have a tussle with a SDKZ 205/9.

The small German halftrack couldn't dent the kangaroo's armour with its' 20 mm, so gave up and contented itself with hammering infantry in a nearby building.

The kangaroo wouldn't fire it's machine gun at the 250/9 so all I could do was to keep backing-up the 'roo and charging full tilt into the Jerry. It kept pushing the little blighter all over the place but couldn't break it, which it perhaps ought to have been able to.

There were many recorded instances of tank ramming on the Eastern Front causing sometimes major damage; should this be included in CMBB?

IMO there is a place for it.

In order to include ramming in the game you'll also need to code in collision damage, and that won't happen until you first get a convoy command. Otherwise you could easily knock out your entire command trying to move a column down a road.

As far as I know, collision only leads to pushing. It has been coded in after the initial CMBO implementation to unblock paths through woods and/or over bridges.

I actually moved immobile tanks quite a bit, but unfortunately there seems to be no way to turn a StuG. That's quite bad because these lously StuG III I always get in scenarios bog down permanently.

...like a KT hitting a scout car or something. Anyone know about this?"

My guess is the scout car crew bailed thinking the big tank was about to blast them into the nether world. If you tried it with a churchill my guess is the KT would not have knocked it out.

Gen