Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Magic Marder?

In a QB I just played, a Marder targeted a Sherman III off to its left, but for some reason, he decided to turn his gun and not the hull, but he tuurned the gun to a 90 degree angle!

I didnt think he could turn the gun that far over, as it was coming straight out of the side of the Marder, has anyone else seen this, was it even possible in real life?

I was happy he did do it, he wasted the last Sherman, I just thought it was strange.... :eek:

Steve,

I've seen it too, but it's not a bug (at least not in my instance). What he probably saw was a vehicle misidentified as a Marder, when in reality it was some other unit (perhaps with a turret). IIRC, the Marder graphic is used when SP guns are not positively identified, just like Tigers are for Mark IVs.

I dont have the file saved ( I should have done that!!)

It was a QB and a hotseat match I was playing against myself, I thought it would be a good way to learn, so it is entirely possible that I watched that movie from the Allied side, which would explain the whole thing. Although Im pretty sure it was identified from the Ami side, but with no file I cant be sure. If it ever happens again, Ill save it for sure.

Thanks BTS for the response though, thats one of the many reasons I will always buy whatever games you come out with. The 'customer service' other companies claim to have is a bad joke in comparison.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Kingfish:

Steve,

I've seen it too, but it's not a bug (at least not in my instance). What he probably saw was a vehicle misidentified as a Marder, when in reality it was some other unit (perhaps with a turret). IIRC, the Marder graphic is used when SP guns are not positively identified, just like Tigers are for Mark IVs.<hr></blockquote>

I've had something like that happen. A Sdkfz 7/1 was mis-IDd as a Marder. It had the proper orientation for the gun of the 7/1, meaning it was pointed straight back through the superstructure.

I was once playing a scenario I had designed, thus I knew all the vehicles present, and a SdKfz 7/2 was misidentified as a Marder. It appeared as if the Marder's gun was at a right angle to the hull, but it was really the rotated flak cannon. Your situation may be similar.