Bloody good, isn't it ?

Having been very fortunate to have been invited to two previews, I had a pretty good idea as to the graphical and sound improvements in CMBB and, to a lesser extent, the way that the new game "handled"

However, having the demo and being able to fiddle about with it all by myself, without having to fight off hordes of CMBB wannabe fanatics, has been wonderful.

I am really happy that my first impressions have been reaffirmed and, if anything, reinforced. Graphics and sound aside (yes they are truly excellent; tracers, explosions, trees, everthing!)the main issue for me is, was and always has been, how does the game "feel" in an historical context.

Well, to cut a long story short, it feels damned good :D Everything seems to move at a more realistic, slower pace. The tutorial would have been done in ten turns with CMBO; it went all the way in CMBB. It felt like an attack, not a quick jog in the park with casualties.

Now I can look forward to sampling the battles.

Well done to the crew at BFC!

Originally posted by James Crowley:

Having been very fortunate to have been invited to two previews, I had a pretty good idea as to the graphical and sound improvements in CMBB and, to a lesser extent, the way that the new game "handled"

However, having the demo and being able to fiddle about with it all by myself, without having to fight off hordes of CMBB wannabe fanatics, has been wonderful.

I am really happy that my first impressions have been reaffirmed and, if anything, reinforced. Graphics and sound aside (yes they are truly excellent; tracers, explosions, trees, everthing!)the main issue for me is, was and always has been, how does the game "feel" in an historical context.

Well, to cut a long story short, it feels damned good :D Everything seems to move at a more realistic, slower pace. The tutorial would have been done in ten turns with CMBO; it went all the way in CMBB. It felt like an attack, not a quick jog in the park with casualties.

Now I can look forward to sampling the battles.

Well done to the crew at BFC!

I can reassure you that if there are any who are not entirely impressed with CMBB, they are in the exteme minority. CMBO dazled us with a lot more gameplay than graphics. CMBB dazles us with everything from extremely improved graphics to killer new sound!!!

Three big cheers for BTS.

Chad

Edited because it went crazy on me.

[ September 03, 2002, 06:24 PM: Message edited by: Chad Harrison ]

James, I hope things went alright for you the other day. I let you know when I organise drinks again.

I just want to say, that I remember when I got the first version of the Beta for me, in [CENSORED], and after designing a quick scenario, firing it up and playing it, I knew I would never go back to CMBO again. Easy to forget, in many ways the whole testing has made me a bit jaded to all the improvements, so it is very good to see people post about them. There is so much new stuff going on in the game, beyond what can be seen in the demo, and what you will notice until you have played a while, that the game will be a whole new discovery. It is CM, but not as we know it.

After playing the demo these couple of days, i like the game more and more. The biggest difference between the old and new one is the pace of the game, which is considerably slower. A thing for scenario designers to consider.

What do you think, how many turns will be needed in CMBB to play a 30 turn CMBO battle? 40, 45?

Originally posted by Andreas:

Oh, and stop being so English - 'Boody good' or 'This rocks' (if you are a cousin from over the pond) would have been sufficient as a thread title.

Andreas, I thought that with all this German and Russian babble going on, I'd throw in a bit of yer good old English vernacular.

And thanks for asking; work has been a real pain in the aris recently but all is well now. Really annoyed about missing last drinkies; hope to get to the next one.