Haunted Vehicle Bug in Operations

I am playing an operation. One of my Panthers suffered a damaged gun in the first battle. I withdrew the tank to the rear to increase it's chance of recovery. It was fast moving along a road towards the rear. It was still moving when the first battle ended. When the second battle deployment phase began the Panther was on the map as Abandoned, which is normal. When I played the first turn in the second battle the Panther started to move (still abandoned) along the path it was taking in the last turn of the first battle. It veered off the road and rolled to a stop as if it had just been knocked out. Freaky. I have the file saved if BFC wants it.

[ October 15, 2002, 12:57 AM: Message edited by: Pvt. Ryan ]

Are vehicles taken off the map if they are immobilized? I had two SU-152s immobilized in fords in one op and they disappeared even though the fords were still on the map for the next battle. Can i expect them back the next op?
Sometimes. In [CENSORED], I had two King Tigers get immobilized. One was back in the next battle, the other was abandoned. At the beginning of the battle after that, the abandoned one disappeared. Perhaps it would have returned later - don't know, because at the end of THAT battle I won a Total Victory.

On a related topic, does anybody know if aircraft stick around from one battle to the next? My impression is that they do NOT, but I only have one data point so I can't really say for certain.