Scenario Depot Update

Gang,

My web host insists that the tables from 11.06.01 have been restored, but you and I know better.

So, anyone who submitted any reviews, scenarios, or votes between 10.25.01 and 11.06.01, please re-enter the data as soon as possible.

I sincerely regret that my web host (twits) has caused it come to this, but one can only argue so much with a faceless entity.

Therefore, let's just get this going forward from here.

Again, sincerest apologies for the loss of information. Fortunately, I do now have a system in place that backs up the data every night.

Just sent you mine again.

All players, please head over to the depot sometime this week and try out "Struggle for Singling," a medium-sized scenario I recently finished. A half-dozen or so playtesters (thanks to Henk, TomK, Tim, Richard boat... and all the rest) gave positive reactions and solid feedback.

DjB

Let’s re-do those reviews. I have to do 3 myself, it looks that a lot of data was lost. Please check the last scenario you reviewed to see that is still there. Clubfoot you need to resubmit your battle’s they appear to missing.

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: Bigdog ]</p>

OK, looks like things are back to normal. After many frustrating days, it looks like my web host managed to restore the correct tables. Good thing I had the tables from the previous couple of days backed up, as restoring the old tables blew out the data in the new tables. I HAVE managed to re-enter the previous few days data back into the current tables, and have done a complete backup.

So, once again we seems to be back on track. Start entering those scenarios, operations, reviews, and votes with confidence.

Thanks for your patience and words of encouragement during these unusual times.

Time for a little Belgian Ale. Prosit!

No worries, Dan; I was actually sweating force balance more than map design.

I based the basics of the map (weather, roads, houses, elevation) on the map/photos from "Small Unit Actions." What kinds of things can I do to make the map more exciting while retaining historical accuracy?

Feel free to drop me a line at my home address (in profile)

DjB