No CMBB in the UK till October?

Guest Stuart J. Vincent

Guest Stuart J. Vincent

I have seen a release date of 25 October 2002 on the UK online computer store link below.

ukgames

A search for "combat mission" came up with this date.

Hope it's not true..!

[ September 04, 2002, 11:08 AM: Message edited by: Sgt. Grunt ]

Hopefully they got it wrong and it's earlier! :D

What was interesting about this UK Special Reserve service and German CDV service or Finnish Peliversumi was the pricing. The prices below are for CMBO.

Special Reserve: 27,99 £ = 43 (about) € + p&p - and the same price is mentioned for CMBB, too.

CDV: 46,95 € + p&p (8 € to Finland) and this one is even marked as NEW! :rolleyes:

Peliversumi: 49 €

[Edited for note about CMBO specific prices.]

[Edited corrected £/€ ratio. Where was I when we had maths lessons? :rolleyes: ]

/kuma

[ September 05, 2002, 01:58 AM: Message edited by: Kuma of Finland ]

Kuma, something is wrong with how you have calculated the price from £ to €. I do not know the exact exchange rate, but a quick calculation from £ to SEK and then to € gave 43 €.

If it looks too good to be true it most probably is. smile.gif

I sincerely hope that that the UK release has not been postponed to the end of October. My guess is that there would be a lot of slightly irritated non-German customers then. It would be nice if BFC could shed some light on this. CDV is not much of help, as they only has the German release date listed on their new site www.combatmission.de and no CM forum in English.

M

Originally posted by Kuma of Finland:

Special Reserve: 27,99 £ = 17,40 ? + p&p - and the same price is mentioned for CMBB, too! :D Put your pre-orders in now, lol!

Peliversumi: 49 ?

Just to correct you so that 1 £ is roughly 1.5 ?, not the other way round. So, Special Reserve's price is roughly 44 ? + p&p which brings it pretty close to Peliversumi's price.

Sambourg

There is an advert for 'Combat Mission 2' in this months PC Gamer here in Britain that says " out in October". Full page ad as well. Do you think it's getting released late in europe so that sales of the dire sudden strike 2 are unaffected?( another of CDV's games,)

From the link above it says the Special Reserve price is £27.99 and that this is a saving of £12.

So it looks like the UK RRP is going to be £39.99....

as of 2002.09.04 16:51:28 GMT.

39.99 GBP United Kingdom Pounds

=

62.6065 USD United States Dollars

1 GBP = 1.56555 USD 1 USD = 0.638751 GBP

The game is going to be $62 off-the-shelf in the UK, compared to ordering it from BFC for $45 & PP, for those outside CDVland.

Mmmmm......time to move to a different continent I think.. smile.gif

Originally posted by Kilgore:

From the link above it says the Special Reserve price is £27.99 and that this is a saving of £12.

So it looks like the UK RRP is going to be £39.99....

Uh huh... thus providing further proof that, where software, computing and consumer electronic are concerned, the exchange rate is roughly £1 = $1.

Still, what you lose on the swings you also lose on the roundabouts; the Americans pay a lot less than we do for their food and petrol. :(

All the best,

John.

Perhaps the one month delay is intentional. It may be a nefarious diabolical plot to give all of the US players a month to practice before the Brits get it, so that we can then run up the score on all of our British opponents :D

I was in GAME in Loughborough last week and they have "Combat Mission 2" listed for release on 20 Sept.

After reading this thread i though id check them out .........seems to be genuine....and they are taking advanced orders - got mine ordered :D:D

http://www.game.uk.com/review.asp?tab=pc&rev_id=146516

:cool:

GAME are not usually my favorite PC software store ...too much gameboy/PS2...but if they

get me BB on time i'll forgive them even that !

Lou2000