Has Anyone ever built a scenario based on....

Im sure that this has been done, but i cant even USE the "search engine"(its a YUGO ). Has anyone built a scenario on the last battle scene in Saving Private Ryan? Ive thought about doing one, you see, im rather new at this and thought it might be a good way to stretch the wings. But if one is done already, perhaps it would be worth a lookover. If anyone knows where to find it , lemme know. Thanks.

Also, how hard would a total conversion to modern weapons be? I know I know, it would be HUGE, but has anyone discussed how it might be done? Making the King Tiger actually LOOK like a M1A1 would be tough, but if you can tweak the numbers, and have the time, it would be a kick in the pants....

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dogface21:

Also, how hard would a total conversion to modern weapons be? I know I know, it would be HUGE, but has anyone discussed how it might be done? Making the King Tiger actually LOOK like a M1A1 would be tough, but if you can tweak the numbers, and have the time, it would be a kick in the pants....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The last guy that suggested that got run outta town on a rail. Simply put, between the vast improvements in small arms, tank armor, gun accuracy, fire control, and communicatiosn (not to mention helicopters, AT rockets, etc., etc., etc.), a full, realistic conversion is impossible.

In other words, any 'conversion' would be superficial and would not impact game play one iota because you would just be substituting one set of pictures for another set (like any other mods).

The last guy that suggested this, 'Paton Returns', was back on the boards a few days ago. You might look him up and see what he came up with (though this might be a sore subject for him based upon the responses he got).