Speaking of modding?

ianc

A couple of features I remember being bandied about for a bit were:

a) More than one texture set for a given vehicle being displayed simultaneously so that vehicles don't all look like clones.

B) Different textures for R and L sides of the vehicles so they don't have to be numbered 888 or 111 any more.

Anyone know if these two made it in?

ianc

Originally posted by ianc:

a) More than one texture set for a given vehicle being displayed simultaneously so that vehicles don't all look like clones.

B) Different textures for R and L sides of the vehicles so they don't have to be numbered 888 or 111 any more.

ianc

A - Not sure, I think so.

B- Nope, sorry.

Gyrene

Originally posted by ianc:

ianc

Don't know about a) but I'm pretty sure there is still only one BMP for the right and left sides. If you look at the PzIVG mod from Kwazydog that Madmatt posted on CMHQ the other day, there is only one BMP for the turret side.

Keith

BMP mirrioring is still a fact for th vast majority of the vehicles...there are one or two that do have a seperate turrets side though.

There ARE grey and dark yellow versions of the same vehicles though to reflect the time difference in the war.

The same vehicle exhibit A will look no different to its brother exhibit A ( ie in tank platoons ) as there is just not enough time to code for different vehicles and no time to make new textures. Dan has been swamped these last months working his arse off trying to get the really important vehicles ready for the release.

It would be nice to be able to have different cammoed vehicles..but i think that subject is for the future when we all have and use DVD in our computers ;)

regards

Måkjager